A LURE FOR sage!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
2917sagelure.jpg

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Hey I want one of them! That would go great with my new hobby of collecting

lures! It can be my first! Do they come with a matching bottle opener?

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

>He probably has one. .........or 4.
>
>Eel

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>>He probably has one. .........or 4.
>>
>>Eel
>
>
>"I could agree with you, but
>then we would both be
>
>wrong......and stupid"

Still in the package too.

Hey bessie, That's a decent lure from the 1950-60's you have there. They come from several different makers, several colors, a bit different configurations, and different sizes. There are guys who have complete collections of the different "mermaid" lures out there but i only have one, it is the smallest one that i've seen, maybe 2-3" long max, and it's still in new condition in it's original box.

The one i have, i paid about $40. for thinking it too good a deal as the box and condition warranted my picking it up at that price. I see lures like you have there go from $10-40. but i don't follow them too much, some colors or other distinctions might be more or less in value, as they are more of a novelty type thing than a fishing bait.

Don't fish it but it is a pretty cool thing to have in anybody's display shelf or tackle box!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I hear thats good for catching trouser trout!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

MM, again, more of a novelty lure than anything else with your example being fairly common. Some guys collect nothing else other than novelty type lures. Typically not too expensive and lots of different varieties for someone wanting to put together a nice collection.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

There is a guy here in town that has been making them for years,they arnt all antiques.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-13 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]7th, Yes, you are correct, all old looking lures are not old.

I run into two basic kinds of lure makers. Some make neat stuff that they might want to fish or make as collectables to others in their own right. There are others guys though, that might buy up worn out once high end beaters off the bay cheap and then clean them all up, do a total repaint, and then try to pass them off to unsuspecting buyers as the genuine article in mint or near mint condition.

The first group of guys have the support of most in the collecting business. The second group though, are thought of as crooks, trying to pass something that it isn't. I have a Creek Chub Beetle that i purchased off the Bay long ago that i found out later to be fake. Seemed like a great deal at the time but buyer beware as guys are doing this. I probably still could get took if i were buying like i used to but a guy picks up what to look for and the longer you are in the hobby, the easier to see the red flags on certain items.

I now almost deal exclusively thru Joe's Old Lures. Joe does not tolerate any shenanigans and fake or repo lures are strictly taboo. If a guy can run a fake by those guys, he's doing it against the best and most knowledgeable vintage lure collectors in the business.

Joey

Nobody wants a FAKE Murmaid Lure!

Right sage?

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

>Nobody wants a FAKE Murmaid Lure!
>
>
>Right sage?
>
>
>
>The Dew I had for Breakfast
>wasn't Bad so I had
>one more for Dessert!:D

Bianca kind of looks like a mermaid, at least that's what 45 said.

True story!

2311idiot.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom