A little wood for the fire....

kingfish

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-04 AT 07:01AM (MST)[p] I posted this on the "hunting talk" forum already....For those of you that don't go to that forum I thought you might enjoy this...

This is great.
Melvin Graham, Billy's younger brother, recently said on a national telecast:
I just want to be a Nobody, willing to tell Everybody,
that there is Somebody, who can save Anybody.
Far from a quaint, witty cliche, there's a mountain of sound doctrine in this one sentence summary of the Christian life. It covers the doctrines of sin, humility, evangelism, salvation, atonement, and God's power.
I just want to be a Nobody
Seek to be a humble servant - 1Peter 5.6; Matt 18.4
Understand the sin nature of man - Matt 15.19; Prov 20.9; Jer 17.9
We must decrease, Christ must increase - Rev 5.12; John 3.30; Matt 16.25
Christ alone is worthy of honor and glory - Titus 2.13; Col 1.17
Willing to tell Everybody
Tell the Gospel to all the world - Mark 16.15-16; 1John 2.2
Don't be ashamed of the Gospel - Rom 1.16; 2Tim 1.8
Jesus Christ crucified is our message - ICor 1.23; Gal 3.1; Col 1.27
That there is Somebody
Jesus is that Somebody - Phil 3.20; John 3.16
There is only one way to salvation - Rom 6.23; John 14.6; Acts 4.12
Jesus is alive and well - Heb 7.25; 1Pet 1.21; 1Thess 1.10
Who can save Anybody
Jesus died for the whole world - 1 John 2.2; Acts 17.30; 2Cor 5.14
Christ's atonement was sufficient for all - Rom 3.21; John 6.54
Any person can be saved unless the personally reject Christ - 1 John 5.1; 1John 4.14; 2Cor 5.17
God desires that all men be saved - John 3.17; Matt 10.32; 2Tim 2.4
Understanding the Biblical truth behind this quote makes it much more than just another cute Christian quip. Knowing the doctrine that girds it up, makes it worthy of being remembered and utilized. If you have trouble remembering the basic elements of explaining Christianity, this saying is a great tool.
It contains a solid four point Salvation message that can be used to share the Gospel of Christ with others, as well as remind us personally of our position, duty, Savior and mission in life.

Kingfish'

I want to commend you on this post, you have taken a big step here on this website due to the fact you may get some flak for posting something Religious and all, I for one will be cutting and pasting it...Thanks....

(P.S) Though I've not always been a good example here at time?s, but I've been a Pastor / slash / hunting Guide for about 11 years now...

Thanks Manny,
It's already been worth it just getting one person to answer...I don't care who gives me crapola for loving Christ..It's a great quote...I really enjoy listening to Billy Graham....Keep the faith Manny....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom