A little Did you Know?

D

Deadred7o7

I didn't know! You didn't know! How could we know?
Did you know that 47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 new schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational?

They have 5 - 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq?

They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

YOUR NEWS MEDIA REFUSES TO TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country, we get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib and people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves three major purposes of the liberal news media:

1. It is intended to undermine the world's perception of the United States thus minimizing consequent support, and:

2. It is intended to discourage American citizens and erode their support for the war.

3. It is intended to help the Democratic Party gain more power in the next elections.

All the above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site."

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

boy you would think that since we are spending obout three hundred and eighty five million dollars a day on the war things would better than that. with that money you could build twenty, ten million dollar high schools and ten 1.8 million dollar clinics every day and still have five million left over for a boat a day

Did you know that you can't walk down the streets of Baghdad without risking your life?

Did you know that 5+ years ago you could walk down the streets of Baghdad without risking your life?

I'm all for ridding the world of evil but let's wait til we have money, stronger military and an exit strategy. I hope more than anyone that this will all be worth the cost.

Did you know that in San Fransico the military can't recruit without vandalism, and harassment from the CITY? Did you know that if you are white in many inner cities and walking alone you are in MORE danger than walking in downtown Baghdad? Did you know that liberals hate Bush more than the POS's who flew planes into our buildings? Did you know that you could NOT enter Baghdad five years ago as an American? Did you know that looking for the worst of everything is nonsensical and not productive for ANYONE?

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-08 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Thanks Pro for your comments.

Some of these boys have been so well inoculated by the liberal Media that they just blindly hate any thing to do with the successes of our military.

The average liberal whiner in this country has not sacrificed one latte', one DVD player in their vehicle, one extra cell phone, one vacation day from work or anything else for our efforts to fight the terrorists that hate us and want to kill us.

Yet, they spew their hate as if they actually personally sacrificed something.

The last great generation (WWII) sacrificed at every level of citizenship and pulled together to beat an enemy.

Now we have a subversive press and a bunch of sheep that listen to brainless celebrities that are living better than any society in history whining.

We have a voluntary military that is absolutely kicking a$$ yet our politicians, celebrities, and Sheeple continue to undermine them fight against them.

Shut the He!! up and go back to watching TV.

Nice post DRed. Got some of the libs going.
Welcome to our newest left wing wac job, Piper.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Rus, sorry to hear your life is worse than the Iraqi's.

Maybe its time to spend less time on your computer and do something about it rather than worry about having tax money spent on Iraq rather than you.

I look around and everyone in this country has it pretty good and have sacrificed almost nothing on a personal level to fight the war on terror.

Whether you like it or not the islamic extremist hate us and want to kill us.

Personally I would rather take the Pat Buchanan approach of isolationism and close/protect our borders, find alternates to foreign oil and let the middle east go back to being a non issue. To late for that, they are winning the baby making war and have pretty much taken over western europe. Its a war whether you like it or not.

Zigga, i think you better do a little more research on Baghdad and Saddam. If you said one thing remotely possible against the man, you got tortured in very horrid ways and thrown in prison.

NMPaul, I'll have you know I bought this nice second hand computer with a cash advance loan on the $600.00 tax rebate I got from President Bush. As soon as this war ends I'm going to get me a printer so I can save all the brilliant posts in the political forum. Sub-prime my arse!

RUS

the problem is they arent using tax money, the US is borrowing all that money and more. the value of our dollar is sinking and that makes fuel prices higher along with the massive amount we are using in the war, thats something people do feel in there lives. in the 1992 election there were lots of dire warnings about future consequences of the huge debt america owes i think we are seeing the begining of that in our economy now. The american military is the best, no doubt.and the soldiers do an amazing job. I remember when the wars planners said it should cost about 80 billion dollars to complete. I know all the excuses, we listened to rummy for years. as large as the american economy is it takes time for things to be felt. you think the same people that said the war will cost 80 billion can't screw up the economy beyond repair. one thing that will probably happen on the way down will be to sell off public lands, did you read any articles by prior forest service chief Jack Ward Thomas in fair chase magazine?

What gets me is no matter what we do for these ragheads....THEY WILL STILL HATE US!!!

Do you guys not get that??? Let's clean up Washington D.C. before we go correcting other countries. WTF???

(Oh yeah, D.C. doesn't have oil.)

Rus, LOL. Funny post I just dont get the subprime comment. Is that supposed to be Bushes fault also?

Piper, I agree with most of your post. It seems odd that you have a total of 3 posts and they are all on the Political forum on a hunting website. My first thought is that you are trolling and your not a hunter, but, that appears to not be the case.

No doubt about it, the government is driving the economy into the ground. Borrowing money it does not have and printing more just continues to devalue our dollar. Can it go on?? Of course not.

This is a republican and a democrat problem. Every party gives money away to get more "takers" on the government nipple.

Bottom line is that we are at War with islamic extremist and it is a war we cannot lose.

My original point is that the vast majority of Americans have not given up anything in this war (with the exception of those in the service and their families) and we are living at unprecedented levels. But, we continue to hear the pissing and moaning from the left. They just want that money to buy more votes with another government give away program.

Way to sugar coat a poo pile. more Americans died last week than any week so far in '08, Iraqi cops and military are being fired for helping Shiite militias or not fighting them, the rest of the middle east is as screwed up if not more so than ever so yahoo . now they say we can't draw troop numbers down any farther due to the tension in the country and it's been over 5 years! the cost is dragging us down, Iraq may not be in total chaos but for what it's cost us it's a mess, no way around it.

Dude, curious how this war has personally affected you besides giving you fodder to criticize the present administration?

If you have a close relative in our voluntary military I would say it has affected you. Otherwise I am curious to hear what sacrifices you have been forced to make?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom