A hunting story

eelgrass

Long Time Member
A friend told me this story the other day. He's an official B&C measurer.

A guy called him up and wanted him to measure his blacktail antlers. My friend took a look and said it might make the book but it needs to dry before he can measure it. Then the guy told him the story of how he got it.

It seems the guy hiked up into the Trinity Alps Wilderness about 2 1/2 miles for a solo hunt. He shot this buck close to the trail and was tagging it when a guy on a horse, leading a mule came by.

They got to talking and the guy with the horse volunteered to pack the buck out for him on his mule. So they loaded the buck onto the mule and the mule broke free and took off up the trail, in the wrong direction.

The guy on the horse took off after the mule, of course, leaving the hunter alone with no buck. I guess several hours went by and the hunter is thinking WTF? There goes my trophy buck.

He was about to write it off when the guy on the horse showed up leading the mule with his buck. Come to find out, once the mule was loaded ,he headed back over the mountain and didn't stop until he got to the other guys truck about 8 miles away. The mule just thought he was doing his job.

I guess all's well that ends well. lol

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Was the Guy that shot the Buck Pissed at the B&C Scorer after He Scored it?

On occasion,the MM Score should be given to the Owner!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

"So they loaded the buck onto the mule and the mule broke free and took off up the trail, in the wrong direction."

I right then might have popped a cap in that ass! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom