A Hunters Memorial

tailchasers

Long Time Member
For the past 3 weeks my family and I have been out hunting these beautiful mountains around our hime and have stumbled across some amazing sights and animals. During one of our 4 day trips to a deer summer range we came upon this memorial of a fellow fallen sportmen, Clyde Dillon, from days gone by who unfortunately lost his life during a hunt in a tragic snow storm. Interesting part about the memorial is at the sight there are 2 metal boxes. Within the boxes people have left small items which could be used for survival. I peeked into the boxes and was amazed at the amount of small gear items contained within; couple of note books filled with short personal messages from people passing by,matches, food, bullets, sting, money, knives, hot hands, gloves, lighters, and many many more items to numerous to mention. Someone had also put in a short biography of Clyde's life and where his family is at today. We found the tribute to Clyde very fitting and respectful after reading about his life history. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

32962011-09-11_16-16-09_951.jpg

67052011-09-11_16-15-42_699.jpg

81422011-09-11_16-19-08_320.jpg

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Beautiful memorial. I'm sure Clyde keeps a watch over all who travel those mountains that he loved so much.

Eldorado

I was there back in 2000..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom