A great blaze orange vest/

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Anyone know where to get a great blaze orange vest? I'd like one with a game bag in back and made of quiet material. That seems to be a tall order because I can't find one.

Cabelas used to sell one that had more pockets on it than ?

It has pockets for the hands, pockets outside of those, then a pocket inside, and a huge pocket in the back, on the outside or inside that serves as a back-pack and probably 2-3 other pairs of pockets.

I didn't buy mine, I traded a friend for it. It was to heavy for him.

Also, it is a heavy duty almost canvas like material.

I don't know if they still sell it or not...I try to avoid that place, especially after I've just eaten. I just can't stand the folks in there that swarm on stuff and grab it up like they are getting Goodwill type prices....among other things.

It looks like they don't sell it anymore, but it was similar to these....they are proud of em.

It comes in blaze orange

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabe...eader%3BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=orange+vest

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabe...eader%3BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=orange+vest

John 14:6

I have one of the Cabela Solid Orange vest/jacket that has all the pockets inside and out. With it sort of full of items is can be heavy, more than it already is before loading it up.

I have had mine about 20 years or close to it and a size XL to fit over loose shirt or jacket. It is too small for me now as would need a XXL to be comfortable.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Browning use to have them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My ideal vest would have a few pockets up front and an game type pocket in back. I'd use that to carry a small bladder type water container. It wouldn't be an added layer of insulation and might be made out of something like the 4 way stretch material Kuiu uses. It would have to carry maybe 5 pounds of stuff. I'd use it for short duration hunts when I'm not going too far from camp but still want to carry some essentials.

Sort of a hybrid vest and pack.

Thanks Laro, I'll check it out.

Stinky, I went to Cabelas and looked at theirs, kind of overdone with too much insulation and weight.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-15 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p]Weight it definitely has....which is why my friend parted w/his...but he travels to lightly.

Mine has no insulation.

I use mine for the purposes that you listed...but mine is slightly dif than the ones that they sell now.

My idea of a bladder is an old plastic coke bottle, or actually 2 or 3 of em. Not exactly high-tech, but it works for me.
John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-15 AT 09:21AM (MST)[p]The problem with Waygoners pack is it does not have enough orange for Colorado, I'd have to wear additional orange. I like the idea of it though. The Technical upland packs seem to be closest to what I am looking for.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom