A 'GOLD' QUESTION FOR ALL YOU GOLD PRO'S???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Here's My Question with Gold?

There's No Doubt in My Mind that Gold will always be on the Average of becoming More Valuable as time goes on!

In 1982 I Bought a New Truck!

Mid-Grade!

Not the Cheapest of Trim/Model!

Not the Most Expensive of Trim/Model!

It was what I Thought the Most Ridiculous Priced item I'd ever heard of at 12,000.00 at the time!

Gold Was about 400.00 an Ounce that Fall,I Still Remember that!

So Let's Say that Truck cost Me about 30 Ounces of Gold at the Time!

Here We are,2020!

The Same Truck in Mid-Grade Trim/Model is around 60,000.00!

Gold at about 1700.00 today!

That'd New Truck today would Cost about 35 Ounces of Gold Today!

(((These Numbers are Approx.!)))

But My Question is This:

These Guys That Saved Their Gold for let's Say approximately 38 Years Claiming they made all this Money on their Gold by Sitting on it?

Will 30 Ounces of Gold Buy You anymore Today Versus what the Same 30 Ounces of Gold would have Bought you 38 Years ago?

Nope.....but the paper printed money isn't worth spit and it will crap out one day...Humans are like magpies and packrats...they like shiny things....

Nope.....but the paper printed money isn't worth spit and it will crap out one day...Humans are like magpies and packrats...they like shiny things....
And raccoons. Cover the pan on a leg hold trap with tin foil and place it in a creek and you'll catch a coon every time. That was my go to set.

I don't understand gold either but I own some. You can't eat it or even wipe your butt with it. If you own a truck you have a way to make a living.

Last edited:
That Ain't Quite True Eel!

Since the Carona Hit!

People have been Wipin with Gold!:D

A Few Weeks Back I was working for a Guy that Made Me Laugh!

He Said:I/You can't Buy any TP!

So He says:You Know what I'm Gonna do?

I'm Taking 5- 100.00 Dollar Bills down to the Bank!

I'm gonna Trade them for 500 1.00 Dollar Bills!

I'll Wipe My Tail with them if I have to!:D

And raccoons. Cover the pan on a leg hold trap with tin foil and place it in a creek and you'll catch a coon every time. That was my go to set.

I don't understand gold either but I own some. You can't eat it or even wipe your butt with it.

If you look back, say 40 years.....

Gold in 1980 was roughly 600.00. By 2020 it increased to 1600.00. So that's a 267% return.

The DOW-JONES in 1980 was 900. In 2020 it may average around 25000 for the year. So that's a 2770% return.

Gold is shiny, but for investment I'll probably stick with the stock market.

Gold is a store of value, you should view it as just another currency. It has a place in some portfolios for sure and I prefer physical gold rather than a gold ETF or mutual fund. But your mileage may vary

March of 1980 gold was $1774, by Jan 2001 it was $391. Gold is good for a safety net but you had better not buy it for growth

it's worth a whole lot more if you go out and find it. That's a 100% increase. What else do you have to do? Go find some gold....

Stickflipper...how's your stock market return done since 2000??? I'll stay with the shiny stuff..

Gold may be a safe investment at times, but it's a crappy currency. When the thrill is gone, you can always try crypto-currency?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom