A Friend in Danger

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Dear Friends of Campfire and ALL MM'eys. I joined MM'eys in January to try to regain lost motivations, especially for Hunting. I was making Posts up until September. I was given a New Life by many of you. I sent a few emails of my Hunting. However, since back Home I have not Posted until now. Red & 1911, you both have powerful Prayers. The below on going matter needs to come to an end. Often Christmas times bring large voids and those of us in Law Enforcement enter Families Homes to handle to worst.

The below is about my Friend Lester Hyder. He and I worked decades together in Bay Point, previously named West Pittsburg. This area is highly known for major Felony crimes and endless Violence/Deaths. Now, my Son works this area.

I am sending this more akin to self medication. I am helpless in helping my Friend. I can only share this and; Pray.

Jagerdad

-----------------

OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
RETIREE BULLETIN

Retired Deputy Sheriff Lester Hyder Missing in Oregon

December 22, 2016

David O. Livingston
Sheriff-Coroner

Please click the below link for a news story on retired Deputy Sheriff Lester Hyder, who has gone missing in Oregon.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/brother-of...ere-i-dont-have-hope-that-hes-alive/223139754

-------------------

OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
RETIREE BULLETIN
UPDATE - Search for missing Retired Deputy Sheriff Lester Hyder Scaled Back

Update on Search for Lester Hyder - 12/22/16
Released by: Sgt. Nathan Garibay, Emergency Services Manager

NARRATIVE:

Deschutes County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue continued the search for Lester Hyder Wednesday, December 21st. We were assisted by search and rescue teams from Lane County Sheriff's Office, Linn County Sheriff's Office, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, Crook County Sheriff's Office, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (Camp Sherman Hasty Team), and Pacific Northwest SAR.

Over 60 searchers were deployed in the field on Wednesday and searched throughout the day. Mr. Hyder was not located.

Since the inception of this search, we have deployed a variety of search resources for a total of over 1200 searcher hours. The initial search area included much of the State of Oregon until narrowed down by the location of Mr. Hyder's vehicle on Saturday, December 17th. Resources included:

* Aircraft (AirLink Helicopter, Oregon National Guard Blackhawk, and Oregon State Police fixed-wing)
* 4x4 Vehicles
* ATVs
* Ground Searchers
* Canine Teams
* Trackers
* Horse Teams
* United State Forest Service Law Enforcement
* Oregon State Police Troopers
* Overhead personnel (Incident Management Team)

After consultation with the Hyder family, the Sheriff's Office is scaling back search efforts. This case remains an open missing person investigation and future searches will occur as ground and weather conditions warrant. Our thoughts are with Mr. Hyder's family through this very difficult time.

The Sheriff's Office asks anyone who has information regarding this case to contact us through non-emergency dispatch at 541-693-6911.

Hoping & Prayin they Find Him Alive!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

We will add him in ours. Hopefully he is a tough old bird and is held up waiting for the rescue personnel!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom