A-fraud ROID-riguez

J

jagrmystr

I know, I know.... There is a bunch of guys that are doing them, or have done them. But I really like seeing him get whats coming. Never liked the choker anyway.
48a9c86f4e0036c6.jpg

They're not stherwiods, They're thumplements!!!

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Lol, Tough to call! On one side, A-Roid, along with a few others have been singled out, 103 tested poositive but his name has somehow leaked out. On the other hand, New York Yankee fans and media were the first and loudest in slinging their hate and contempt toward Bonds when suspicion was pointed at him thru G.O. Shadows. They couldn't stand the fact that Bonds is/was the best player in the game and couldn't wait until their Golden boy, A-Roid, blasted his way past "Barroid" Bonds records.

Anything to get the East Coast biased media biggies stuttering and sounding stupid is OK with me. I got to believe Bonds is feeling a little smug at the moment.

Joey

SEEMS IT HAS BEEN THE YANKEE ORIGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN THE CENTER OF MOST PLAYERS INVOLVED IN THE ROID RAGE. CLEMENS, ANDY PETTITE, GIAMBI, & A-FRAUD COME TO MIND.....CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SKANKS SPEND A HALF BILLION DOLLARS ON 5 PLAYERS THIS YEAR JUST TO NOT MAKE THE WORLD SERIES AGAIN.......LMAO.....YD.

It's all a misunderstanding. When the lab came back positive for roids they mean HEMroids not STERoids. Just a simple communication issue no doubt.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

If you think A-Rod, Barry, Mcguire etc,,, are the only guys that have ever juiced you like so many sports fans are sadly mistaken.
This has been the dirty little sectet for many years in ALL sports.
Just the tip of a huge iceberg.
HH

It's a shame for sure, it would have been really nice to have a clean guy break bond's record.

However, I really don't care, regardless of steroids or not, he's still by far the best player in baseball over the last 12 years.

I watched him a lot in the mid nineties in Seattle and he was absolutely amazing, long before the timeframe where he bulked up. Then he lost weight when he went to the Yankees (which should have been a pretty obvious sign of what was going on), and has still been amazing since.

It's a real shame that for whatever reason he decided to take them, but he's still the best player I'll likely see in my lifetime. This is all coming from a lifelong Mariners fan, and we hate pay-rod more than anyone.

A cheat is a cheat....publish all the names! Its time to clear the air of this crap and just play baseball! Speculation will cast a shadow on everyone until ALL those who have tested positive are named.(i know, i know...improbable).

Tougher testing standards, tougher penalties for positive results, and the rest will take care of itself.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Randy11, said; "but he's still the best player I'll likely see in my lifetime."

Are you freaking Nuts? I'll excuse you cause you're a fan, i suppose, but come on man, don't loose your credibility saying such ignorant things. :)

BARRY BONDS is the man, it's not even close!

Joey

Am i confused? Who is the better baseball player, or who is the better cheat...it seems like A-roid kept his dirty little secet longer, so he's the better cheat.

And dont give me the arguement "everyone" was doing it, cause then everyones was cheat.(and everyone wasn't doing them)

The game was played with out them , is played with out them , and will be played with out the use of steriods in the future....except by a group of cheaters.

just my thoughts....
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Top Ten Messages Left on Alex Rodriguez's Answering Machine

10. "Hey, it's Mark McGwire. Want to get together this week and not talk about the past?"
9. "Joe Torre here ? thanks for helping book sales"
8. "Could you find a steroid that keeps you from choking in the playoffs?"
7. "Are you worried this will taint all the championships you didn't win?"
6. "It's Bernie Madoff. Nice try, but I'm still the most hated man in New York"
5. "Michael Phelps here. Got any snacks?"
4. "This is Sammy Sosa. Just pretend you don't speak English"
3. "Michael Phelps again. Did I call you or did you call me?"
2. "Hey, it's Rod Blagojevich ? I'll say you're innocent, if you say I am"
1. "It's Madonna. You got a phone number for Jeter?"

Tag, you're dreaming again, or wishful thinking.

The game is played with them, will be played with them, will always be played with every advantage taken by some players to be allowed to make millions.

I'm not saying EVERYBODY, EVERY SINGLE ONE, but a majority, IMO, has been given or taken some kind of PED to get healthy, build strength, recover from injury, or throw harder.

Also, steroids, catch all term, have been a strong factor in the game far longer than most people are aware or suspect.

I couldn't find link so posted, it's good food for thought! and i have others.

Posted 5/3/2005 12:27 PM

Former pitcher Tom House describes past steroid use
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ? Former major league pitcher Tom House used steroids during his career and said performance-enhancing drugs were widespread in baseball in the 1960s and 1970s, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday.

House, perhaps best known for catching Hank Aaron's 715th home run ball in 1974 in the Atlanta Braves' bullpen, said he and several teammates used amphetamines, human growth hormone and "whatever steroid" they could find in order to keep up with the competition.

"I pretty much popped everything cold turkey," House said. "We were doing steroids they wouldn't give to horses. That was the '60s, when nobody knew. The good thing is, we know now. There's a lot more research and understanding."

House, a former pitching coach with the Texas Rangers and co-founder of the National Pitching Association near San Diego, is one of the first players to describe steroid use as far back as the 1960s.

He was drafted in 1967 by the Braves and pitched eight seasons for Atlanta, Boston and Seattle, finishing his career with a 29-23 record and 3.79 ERA.

House, 58, estimated that six or seven pitchers per team were at least experimenting with steroids or human growth hormone. He said players talked about losing to opponents using more effective drugs.

"We didn't get beat, we got out-milligrammed," he said. "And when you found out what they were taking, you started taking them."

House said he gained almost 30 pounds while using steroids, blaming the extra weight for contributing to knee problems. He said the drugs helped improve recovery time and conditioning but did not add velocity to his fastball.

"I tried everything known to man to improve my fastball, and it still didn't go faster than 82 miles per hour," House said. "I was a failed experiment."

House said he stopped using steroids after learning about the long-term harm they could cause.

"I'd like to say we were smart, but we didn't know what was going on," he said. "We were at the tail end of a generation that wasn't afraid to ingest anything. As research showed up, guys stopped."
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press.

HEY JOEY.......YOU MUST BE A BIG SF FAN TO THINK A-ROID IS NOT AS GREAT A PLAYER AS BONDS. GRANTED BOTH ARE/WERE GREAT HITTERS W/POWER, HITTING AVERAGE GOES TO A-ROID...AND THATS WHERE THE COMPARISION STOPS. (I'M NOT A A-ROID FAN EITHER) A-ROID WILL OWN THE HR TITLE IN THE END, BOTH RAN WELL, BUT AROD PLAYED A SKILLED POSITION IN THE INFIELD....NOBODY TRIED TO HIDE HIM IN LEFT FIELD. ATTITUDE TOWARDS FANS.....AROD WINS HANDS DOWN.....FACE THE FACTS.....I LIKE BONDS ALOT BETTER THAN AROD...BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS. DONT LET BEING A SF FAN SKEWER YOUR THOUGHTS......YD.

YD, I hate the SF Giants.

You saying that they hid a seven time gold glove outfielder in left field? Right! Or maybe that bonds was not as good an athlete? Right! You must not like Bonds. Understandable, not everybody but i let his #'s, coaches fear, and players respect, speak for him.

Even a couple years ago with Bonds on the downhill side he put up as good or better Numbers as A-Roid did in his prime. Excepting Home Runs, and that only cause nobody wanted to pitch to Bonds so he got fewer at bats, Bonds was one of the best producers in the league. I can go on and on, dig in to the old stats book if you'd like, A-Riod is/was Damn good but Bonds is the best in MY lifetime.

Intentional walks? who has more of these in the past 10 years. Bonds was THE most feared player in the game. Nobody dominated a game like Bonds!!

By the way, i hate all caps YD, you sound like you're yelling at me. Do you got to do that?

Joey

I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I CAN SEE & READ IT BETTER, PLUS....ITS EASIER.....THE YELLING PERCEPTION IS SOMETHING YOU BOUGHT INTO...I NEVER YELL. OK.....BONDS COULD PLAY A LITTLE.....YD.

sage- you say----"The game is played with them, will be played with them, will always be played with every advantage taken by some players to be allowed to make millions."

i say, yes there have been and always will be cheaters. but until recent history, it was most likely a minority few. The game can and should be played on a level playing field, and YES its wishful thinking....
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

YD, LMAO :) ...and A-Rod certainly is no slouch. I usually hear more from the Griffy Jr camp about who is the best.(other sites)

Actually the caps hurt my eyes, harder for me to focus i guess.

Joey

Sorry tag, i wish you were right. Your wanting the game to be clean is certainly right, no doubt about it.

You know i used to play a lot of ball. Heck, guys back in the 70"s were roiding up, common practice and some were getting them from the team trainers. It's just been a very well kept secret for a long, long time. Once they get good tests for HGH, things might slow down some but guys wanting to play, to make the big bucks, they're going to look for an advantage. They always have.

Joey

There has been a lot of "greats" come and go, and yes, some have had a clouded past. I personally enjoy watching some of the "future greats" like Justin Pedroia. Guys that got to where they are by hard work, love of the game and GRIT. I guess if JP took them, is was to try and be as tall as he is listed....the guys plays like he is 8 feet tall. IMO
48a9c86f4e0036c6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-09 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]I would take A-Rod any day over Barry Bonds..and a healthy Griffey before both of them.

Bonds was both a great defensive player and a great hitter, a good fielder before he mutated, and a great hitter after.

Bonds' career numbers are amazing, but if you dig into the sabermetrics (combines both offensive and defensive stats) you'll see that both A-Rod and Pujols are more valuable than Bonds ever was.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom