A first....

Longun

Long Time Member
So I'm trolling at Fontenelle last week the fish are biting, I'm trying to keep the boat on course with precise GPS coordinates and exact trolling speed... a 5 lb plus fish hits my rod on the back of the boat and launches it like a bungee jumper over snake river canyon...I thought about jumping in after it...for just a split second..Hypothermia would of set in a matter of seconds...then the fish rises with lure attached and I spin around the boat trying to snag the line..no avail.....a nice $100.00 rod and reel with a nice fish in 60 feet of water....any of you guys Scuba Dive????..."in the water"...

Went to Salt Lake yesterday..Cabelas has specials on Fish Poles..so I bought 2 this time...

Man this fishing can be stressful...

That's a bummer Mike.

Two years ago a buddy was out on the ocean salmon fishing. It was kinda slow so they decided to call it a day. As they were running back in at full speed, about a 20lb. King jumped clear out of the water, smashed his windshield to bits, and flopped back into the water and gone.

Sometimes the fish wins!

Eel

You need on of those treble hooks like they use for snagging gators. you might get luck and snag it off the bottom.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've broken more rods than i should have but haven't lost one to a fish, yet. I hear about it all the time though, local practice is to hang a weightless night crawler pole off the back of the boat while working the shore for smallies from up front. Sometimes the takes are big, certainly enough so that rods go over the side.

My thoughts were along the same as Gator's. I'd have tied on the heaviest kastmaster or crocodile lure i had, casting out and across, letting it sink way down, hoping to snag the line, fish, rod, and all...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Hate to admit it, but have lost more than one G Loomis Walleye Jigging rod over the side in my life!

"Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom