A few Wyoming Speed Goats

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
I went up to Wyoming this past week and shot some antelope, bird and misc. small critter photos. For those of you who like antelope/birds enjoy!

157.jpg

150.jpg

142.jpg

131.jpg

141.jpg

138.jpg

144.jpg

143.jpg

123.jpg

40-2.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Nice pics! Yuo'd never know a badger is a real terror with him giving you a nice picture like that.

Badgers are mean buggers! Great pictures. We saw a badger last weekend up at our cabin around 8,500 feet. Anybody know how high badgers live? I've seen them my whole life in the desert, but until last week, never in the high mountains.

I've seen badgers as high as 8 to 9 thousand feet in the snowy range and saw one at virtually sea level. I know they can tear a bird dog up real quick and my dog has the scars to prove it.

I've seen them where we hunt in Wyoming at about 6,500', but had no idea they would go way up high like was mentioned. The ones I've been around didn't even seem scared when we approached them pretty close and just stood their ground like they were very sure of themselves if a fight broke out!

Thanks for all the nice comments. I have found few things I get any more pleasure from than taking wildlife photos.

Here's a few photos I took just today while in antelope country. It is simple but nonetheless fun and rewarding as I try to learn.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Have a good one. BB

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-11 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]Here is a picture of one that I took down in southern New Mexico last year and I thought that's what it was. I wonder if there is more than one variety or if this is the same kind as yours. They look different to me. What do you think?

79222010_trip_323.jpg

Topgun, as I recall there are 13 different "horny toads" on the North American continent. They are really lizards but somehow got the nickname toad. Most people refer to then as horny toads, but their real name is the horny lizard, as they are neither a member of the frog or toad family. but rather are members of the lizard family.

5.jpg

Have a good one. BB

A great photo can envoke a certain mood.
I WANT TO HUNT PRONGHORN NOW! (not really in to horned toad hunting but cool pics though. haha)

Thanks BB, as always, for your contributions!

Zeke

I spent Saturday up in Wyoming taking photos. Here's a few from that session. Water is still abundant and the antelope are spread out this year. Things are much different than in the past few years.

179.jpg

176.jpg

165.jpg

170.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

172.jpg

175.jpg

Have a good one. BB

World class pics,Billy.Very nice.I'm going to that country in about an hour to look around a bit for one of those!

Awesome pics bill,

How have you been? I've tried to email you a couple times but i think i am still having some computer problems.

Ryan

You said earlier you were having a lot of fun as you learned. IMO you should consider yourself learned. Those are awesome you catch the colors of the animals in a way I never could learn. Thanks I start archery antelope in Nebraska in 5 days although it will be real tough with water everywhere. It will be spot and stalk only hoping cowing them works this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom