A fact about me and one about you!?!

S

sonofthesouth

Everything you're about to read in this post is 100% true, 100% verifiable by eyewitness account as well as the majority of the people in and about the area. If you've got a fact you want to share about yourself please do so and try not to lie (bessy), if your story is factual but can be spun out of context while remaining truthful even better.

Okay, a fact about me:
I was in a plane crash once a few years ago and was the only person to survive. My wife and two daughters and my brother were looking on in horror as they were waiting to wave goodbye to me as the plane taxied out. The plane crashed due to pilot error-he was a young piolet and the aircraft was fairly new to him.

Son

Dang Son, I build/repair experimental aircraft and it constantly scares me every time a pilot jumps in and flies away in something I had my hands on. I'm confident in my work, but you know the old saying about getting too confident/cocky about your work is when you forget something and make mistakes. My pilot instructor is still in the hospital since August after a life threatening accident with another student pilot.

Fact about me, I constantly wonder if Eldorado is a real person or Fondler's too nice alter ego.

Seriously glad you made it through that Son, must have been scary as hell!!

Zekers, what happens in the torpedo room stays in the torpedo room...lol!!

Fact about ~Z~: I currently like "woman" more than "women"...also scary as hell!!

~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-11 AT 07:07AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-11 AT 07:07?AM (MST)

So Son, what you are saying is that you crashed a plane before take-off on a solo flight?

Glad you survived.

In the spirit of your post I will share something that could easily have been misconstrued, (well it was actually). And really I will only say this:

I became a founding member of a very short lived bird-watching club that was disbanded after one of our members was accused of being a peeping tom and almost had his binoculars taken away by the local police. He was innocent of course, but nonetheles, suffice it to say that his neighbor lady is much more conscious about the usage of mini-blinds now.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I AM THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD, I ALSO DO BEER COMMERCIALS ON THE SIDE.!!!!!

OK.....FACT: I AM A ELK FREAK, BUT STILL MAY NEVER SHOOT A 375 BNC BULL.......BUT WILL DIE TRYING..................YD.

"I AM THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD, I ALSO DO BEER COMMERCIALS ON THE SIDE.!!!!!"

Dad..... is that you?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-11 AT 09:12AM (MST)[p]Not to hijack this thread by getting back to the original point but here is one about me: Last year Kieth Olberman interviewed me on his TV show and we(he) spent the whole time explaining to the world why the Republicans were trying to kill me.
I liked him so much better when he was on Sports Center.

Some of you guys are pretty smart, I was the pilot and I was also the only person aboard. Being born country and raised country, I lacked the ability to fear man nor beasts and yes ultralight fixed wing aircraft.
I bought the damn thing sort of. What I mean is I looked at one up in Mt Pleasant Utah and found that it had been unloaded in my yard a week later in the middle of the night with a note explaining that "I"was welcome and please send the check ASAP. Well who in the hell does something like that and expects a man to just accept It and then, to pay them? So after I had written the check and had some breakfast I called my brother to come help me assemble the thing-see he was a helicopter pilot in the marines and we we all no how helicopters are exactly like ultralights.
Well my brother gets before and we go to work on this thing and before you know it I had the worst kinda luck you can imagine...everything went together without a single issue- like we'd done it a million times. Next thing I know I'm hauling butt down a dirt road that used to be the race track at the old rodeo grounds and then, just like the all of the times before, on youtube, the ultralight lifted into the air and I was flying (really, nobody was "flying" anything. The ugly truth is, while I may have been the only in the plane a pilot I was not! A passenger yes, pilot? No!)
My best guess is that I was about 150' off of the ground when gravity showed its ugly head and proved her existance. I had an aluminum rod shoved through my leg and most of my teeth were bleeding and loose from grittingk my teeth in anticipation of the approaching ground. a
After "landing" the plane finally came to a stop...then a bit later I came to a stop and then some more of the plane stopped-some of the plane I thought would never stop and some caught fire and had to be stopped by onlookers. Well I rawled from the wreckage and saw my wife running with my girls help me, at least I thought it was help, but then it hit me.... Her hand, it was hitting me, mostly in the face which was good cuz I had just fractured my skull in about 100 places but regardless, when she sets her mind to do something she does it.
Looking back on the event I can see a couple of areas that I could have been dealt with differently but then what would I post about if I had?

Son

Fact:

I survived the great Trichinosis outbreak of 2011...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I found one of the girls Ted Bundy killed while bowhunting in the Pavant for deer. As we were digging a latrine we hit an old carpet. Under the old carpet was a scull, some bones, a canteen and an ice hammer. We had the news, sheriffs, choppers and a million sightseer by our camp for days.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

>I saw a mature buck on
>the general Utah hunt once.
>

Thats the best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Some of you guys are
>pretty smart, I was the
>pilot and I was also
>the only person aboard. Being
>born country and raised country,
>I lacked the ability to
>fear man nor beasts and
>yes ultralight fixed wing aircraft.
>
>I bought the damn thing sort
>of. What I mean is
>I looked at one up
>in Mt Pleasant Utah and
>found that it had been
>unloaded in my yard a
>week later in the middle
>of the night with a
>note explaining that "I"was welcome
>and please send the check
>ASAP. Well who in the
>hell does something like that
>and expects a man to
>just accept It and then,
>to pay them? So after
>I had written the check
>and had some breakfast I
>called my brother to come
>help me assemble the thing-see
>he was a helicopter pilot
>in the marines and we
>we all no how helicopters
>are exactly like ultralights.
>Well my brother gets before and
>we go to work on
>this thing and before you
>know it I had the
>worst kinda luck you can
>imagine...everything went together without a
>single issue- like we'd done
>it a million times. Next
>thing I know I'm hauling
>butt down a dirt road
>that used to be the
>race track at the old
>rodeo grounds and then, just
>like the all of the
>times before, on youtube,
>the ultralight lifted into the
>air and I was flying
>(really, nobody was "flying" anything.
>The ugly truth is,
>while I may have been
>the only in the plane
>a pilot I was not!
>A passenger yes, pilot? No!)
>
>My best guess is that I
>was about 150' off of
>the ground when gravity showed
>its ugly head and proved
>her existance. I had an
>aluminum rod shoved through my
>leg and most of my
>teeth were bleeding and loose
>from grittingk my teeth in
>anticipation of the approaching ground.
>a
>After "landing" the plane finally came
>to a stop...then a bit
>later I came to a
>stop and then some more
>of the plane stopped-some of
>the plane I thought would
>never stop and some caught
>fire and had to be
>stopped by onlookers. Well I
> rawled from the wreckage
>and saw my wife running
>with my girls help me,
>at least I thought it
>was help, but then it
>hit me.... Her hand, it
>was hitting me, mostly in
>the face which was good
>cuz I had just fractured
>my skull in about 100
>places but regardless, when she
>sets her mind to do
>something she does it.
>Looking back on the event I
>can see a couple of
>areas that I could have
>been dealt with differently but
>then what would I post
>about if I had?
>
>Son

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. In fact, I'm cutting and pasting that story to an old pilot friend of mine!

Glad you made it through.

Todd

>>I saw a mature buck on
>>the general Utah hunt once.
>>
>
>
>Thats the best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2! BTW, the Ted bundy post!?! Holy shite!

Son

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-11 AT 01:01AM (MST)[p]

Aint no lie:

I done falled out a helicopter that was about 30 feet off the deck doing 'bout 30 mph.

Edit:

The worst helo ride I was ever on:

below tree top level-80'ish mph, up over the power lines. The pilot decides he'll just go around tree #1 to the right. Well that was fine til tree #2 was there....HARD bank to the left...

did I mention doors open/legs hanging on the skids?...

well hard bank to the left takes us...well damn straight into the direction of tree #3--HARD BANK to the right. Well it caught up to him(us)- the momemtum of the right turn threw the body of the craft into tree #4.

Branches, leaves, and the smell of "sh!t" were flying through the cabin as we gained about 200 feet of altitude...fast!

Thank jeebus, he kept the rotors above the tree and our speed up!

I'd just as soon never have to ride that one again!

Something about seeing the wreck coming and NOT being in control.
Makes it a bit more scary

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-11 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]Son,

PLEASE tell us you were pulling everyone's leg about flying that damn thing! I've been a licensed pilot since 83 and an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic since 06. LMAO man! I still can't bring myself to even thinkng about flying one of those death traps. Excellent read tho, bro! Next time you decide to do something like that let me know. You can gladly hold my beer for afterwards. There's a difference between I ain't skeerd an whoa wait a minute this damn thing won't fly! Trust me, you're a damn lucky man to be posting your story. Some of the shyte I've seen...

The FAA gets kinda worried about "air worthiness". The thingies on the end of the wings need to rotate in the right direction with control inputs. ;)

Tageater,
We're you doing powerline work? Just curios, as a journeyman lineman I spent a couple years doing transmission line repair from the skid of a helo. Some very skilled pilots! (unlike me) fly you right up to a tower or next to the bundle let you step off to do your work then fly right back and pick you up. Stopped working off the skid when a helo got the tail rotar into the goats peak of the tower that it had dropped the two lineman off at, killing both men in the tower the pilot and the other two lineman on board. We were in route to that job to start working....hung up the fly work because of it.
Philty,
It's true, every part of it. Believe it or not, I started to order the parts to fix it but my wife assured me that if I did, another plane crash would be the least of my problems because she would kill me herself. I was born country & raised country but even I knew not call her hand over it. So I guess my flying days are over.

Side note: I bought a flawless, next to new powered parachute complete with trailor that my wife believes belongs my buddy (never mind how she came to believe that, it's unimportant) but now she is starting to ask when he's going to pick the damn thing up. What's worse is that he's been here half a dozen times and not taken it because he didn't have a hitch or his truck was running hot or he was in his car etc etc. Any suggestions? Here's what I'm thinking, if anybody reading this iknows a good hypnotist or is a hypnotist that I could introduce them to the wife. Hell even if you've always wanted to become a hypnotist but just never had the opportunity to polish your craft, well here's your chance! Something like that would smooth this thing right over and keep me from doing something rash like sell the Chute plane.

Son

Son, just stick to killing bucks and bulls, otherwise it sounds like the Mrs. is going to kill you one of these days!! }>}>}>

~Z~

Two week August hunt back in 2009. I had a LOT of things happen over that hunt that I won't ever forget. I will try to keep it short. Missed a big buck one morning and then had a rattle snake climb into my blind. Went to higher elevation and had a mountain lion walk under my tree stand, the following day had a kid go skipping down under same tree stand and come back up with a bag full of something, he never saw me. 2 days later, in same tree stand I heard a noise in late evening that sounded like glass and steel mashing up. On my way out I found a guy in his SUV had went off the road and rolled a few times and came to a stop before going over a very steep incline. Got rescue up there to help him out. Last day hunting I went back to ground blind in lower area, on my way out that evening I had a red pickup fly by me in one heck of a hurry. This comes into play a day after the hunt. Had sheriff pull me over for lolly gagging on a side road watching a doe that just crossed that same evening I saw the red truck. Had him ask me if I seen anything strange. Told him about the kid that went under my tree stand. So I got home and went to work the next day, Found out an employee here is missing his 22 year old daughter and was last seen in a red pickup now in custody with his daughter in the area I was hunting. Search team assembled to scour area for following weekend, she'd been missing 3 days, they found her dead 20 miles south of where I had hunted and suspect they were in fact the ones that drove past me. The dude/kid that did it is now in prison, his last name is Burns, you can look it up. I got a phone call from Sherriff?s office 2 days after the hunt and in the middle of putting together a search team to look for this girl to tell me they had pot growers down below my tree stand. They knew of my stand and the spring below it and I put together the reasons why I wasn?t seeing any deer in a very good area!

All of this true although I may have the days mixed up a little and in each of these events has its own story. It was worst hunt ever.

GBA

My helo stories happened while I was in the Army.

I fell/jumped/got pushed out of the one into the Panama canal while we were down there doing a little jungle warfare training.

The other was a live fire excercise up at Ft Drum.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Jumped out of a pickup doing 25-30 mph while hunting pheasants. I Yelled stop, expecting the truck to soon stop, I tried to time it but there was no timing. Thank god for carhart pants and jacket! fell on my back and had the rear tire run over the excess sleeve around my arm as I slid a ways down the road. Was laughing so dam hard, I missed all the birds.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>I found one of the girls
>Ted Bundy killed while bowhunting
>in the Pavant for deer.
>As we were digging a
>latrine we hit an old
>carpet. Under the old carpet
>was a scull, some bones,
>a canteen and an ice
>hammer. We had the news,
>sheriffs, choppers and a million
>sightseer by our camp for
>days.

Note to self: If you find a dead body, wait until last day to report it.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom