A day out with the old dog

BeanMan

Long Time Member
It was my 57th Birthday today, I got to spend it hiking with my Wife and Sparkey, who is now 15 years old. We were looking for deer and elk but did not see any, maybe they were hiding right behind me?

You and your dog didn't have any camo on that's why you didn't see any. They will come out to greet you when you don the camo. Right???? The ancient natives must have had some good stuff, they made some nice pictures.

...I always enjoy seeing pictures of Sparkey...I love Jack Russels and he is a great looking one. He sure has gotten Grey.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-16 AT 09:46AM (MST)[p]Longun, I think they are early Ute, post Fremont anyway.

Yes, Spark has gotten very grey. The hike was about 5 miles and Spark went...about five miles. In the old days he would have put on at least ten miles. He still likes to go but pays for it, he has arthritis pretty bad in his front feet and ankles.

Happy birthday BeanMan! Are those well known petroglyphs or did you just happen to find them? Pretty neat.

They are local but most people try not to talk about them too much. There are more and someone named Natalie scratched her name across them. I don't understand such behavior and might do violence to someone I caught doing that.

Happy Birthday Fred and ole Sparky still able to tag along too that is good.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

My favorite of Spark when he was about two. The long tall Jacks are much mellower than the short, stubby, barkers.

...I don't know if good dogs just happen to get named "Sparkey".... Or if naming them " Sparkey" makes them good dogs.....

Here is mine.....
17223image.jpg

Bean,
Happy birthday ya damn kid! ha

Very cool pic with the dog and fabulous Ute art!

Zeke

Happy belated Birthday Fred.
I think good people make good dogs or perhaps visa-versa.

Great having you in elk camp for a few days this year. Maybe next year we'll be able to take you up on the offer to help pack out quarters.

For those of you that have never met Beanman, the guys a stud and can out hike guys half his age.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom