A DAY AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nfh

Long Time Member
Just another day at work. Another contractor hit a buffalo with their work truck. The park service had to kill the buffalo and they transported a few miles away. Well on my way to work I snapped some pictures with my cell phone at 50 yards. I guess a couple days later 2 bears were feeding on it. Today the only remains is a hide.

I saw what looked like the hump of a grizzly in the photo and figured that's what it was. Is that photo between Cody and Yellowstone that you're talking about or somewhere toward Jackson?

So how was your winter up in those parts? I think it was pretty mild overall in the entire lower Basin wasn't it?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-13 AT 07:05AM (MST)[p]At the job it snowed almost every day. But it was still very mild. Lot of hours on the snowmobile and snow coach just to get to work. We have had the lake affect. Last sunday it put 4 inches of fresh powder down. Wake up to 7 degrees in the morning and its been warming up to 38-40 degrees. still a foot to 3 feet of snow in the timber.

The basin has been super dry. Thank goodness for irrigation so we can start irrigating our hay fields.

That's cool nfh!
I love to see them and I still think they should be managed/hunted in the areas around the park.
I'll bet he's enjoying his free meal.
Zeke

I agree zeke. I feel like the park service put the buffalo in this spot knowing this grizz was around. Was neat to see this. I been seeing buffalo all winter. On the job site a couple of coyotes and foxes will walk with-in feet of ya

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-13 AT 05:53PM (MST)[p]That is pretty dang cool.

Thanks for sharing with us all,

Robb

PS ~ your new profile is also pretty dang cool...just sayin'..haha

Haha, I got a crazy private message so I decided to change it. But for others that leave me messages I do leave my name..

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom