a christians take on world events..."

manny53

Long Time Member
submit jokes after reading...thanx....

President George Washington said in his farewell address, Quote; "Reason and experience both forbid us that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

John Adams, America's second president, said, Quote; "The United States Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."

French social philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville, while touring the United States in the 1800s said about America: ?America is great because America is good. If she ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great.? De Tocqueville no doubt was speaking of how he viewed cultural and societal good. But, upon observing the nation?s Christian church foundation he encountered, he based his conclusion on the fact that America?s goodness in the societal sense was a result of Christianity running throughout the country?s cultural fiber?

American Christian?s must realize, that Columbus discovery of America was not a fluke, it was Gods providence, his hand was guiding the pilgrims as they attempted to make a home in this land, unfortunately we can't get away from the history of the mistreatment of it's inhabitants by the white man later on in history, we have seen what greed can do to humanity: but as history shows the pilgrims lived peacefully with the native American as they helped the pilgrims survive the harsh environment and the cold winters.

The pilgrims were Christians looking for freedom from a tyrannical government controlled by king James himself, ironically the same king James who commissioned the writing of the king James bible, but that's a different subject for another time.

We today are not much different then those pilgrims, the first Thanksgiving at Plymouth took place in 1621 with the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians, and they were thankful even through all the hardship they endured; to God, for giving them a new found freedom in a land flowing with milk and honey, America was a land truly flowing with milk and honey (sound familiar) a freedom many Americans have taken for granted today.

God has a plan for all nations but the one he has for America is on a much grander scale, no? I'm not just saying that to arouse your patriotism, I'm telling you this so you can see the bigger picture, it makes me sad and a bit frustrated; that, when anyone mentions the religious heritage in the founding of this great country many revert back to things like, the burning of witch?s and the witch hunts that some zealots committed, and the stealing of the land from the native Americans, we all should see by now there are many who call themselves Christians in this world but their actions makes one scratch his or her head.

All through the bible we have seen how God has a plan for his chosen people, the Israelites, and if you pay attention you will see at times he used pagan countries to discipline them, when Israel, slipped away from God and his precepts, the bible makes mention that when Israel was at peace and enjoyed prosperity that was the time they turned away from God, don't misunderstand the text here God didn't mind them enjoying prosperity or being at peace with their enemies, on the contrary, it usually ended up being the fact that when; as humans are at leisure and prosperous is when Israel (Americans) became prideful and said in their hearts that it was their own hands that got them this wealth : Deuteronomy 8:17-18. And you say in your heart, My own power and the might of mine hand has gotten me this wealth. 18But you shall remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that gives you the power to get wealth that he may establish his inheritance which he swore unto you fathers, as it is this day.

Deuteronomy 8:12. Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein; 13And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; 14Then your heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage?

If you look closely at the promises of God to his people Israel, you can see that his promise was extended to us, America, as well; no, I can't show you a specific scripture to saying that statement but history speaks for itself, read these scriptures and tell me if there is not a parallel between what God promised Israel and America?

Deuteronomy 8. For the LORD your God did bring you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains the depths of which that spring out of valleys and hills;

Deuteronomy 8:8-9a. A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil, and honey; A land wherein you shall eat bread without lack;

Deuteronomy 8. you will not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you may dig metals.

Deuteronomy 8:10. When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given you.

Deuteronomy 8:11. Beware that you forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:

it seems as if Israel, as a nation attempting to get closer to God, but America is walking in the other direction, away from God?
If we look at modern history for a moment, lets say just the last 200 years or so, it's clear to me God created America to help bring forth his plan, not just for Israel but for the world as a whole, it was with minimal help from America, that Israel became a nation again in 1948, supplies and arms reached Israel from North America by smuggling. Believe it or not the Soviet's at that time recognized Israel. So with an accumulation of American, Czech weapons and Soviet aid, Israel would have been unable to stop the Arab invasion without a massive inflow of manpower. With volunteers coming from The United States, Canada and Europe many of them combat hardened veterans. The Jewish cause had the support of mainstream Protestant churches as well and sounded a call of warning about Nazism. The goals of the Nazi?s were not simply the eradication of the Jews but the destruction of Christianity and the abolition of the entire heritage of Christian culture. This is the kind of "World that the Arab leaders longed for, with their alliance to the Nazi?s then and now.

John F Kennedy was in support of Israel as well; in his statement 8/1960 Quote: "Israel is here to stay For Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom; and no area of the world has ever had an overabundance of democracy and freedom.

Through out the years America has given billions of dollars in financial and military aid to Israel, and is a reason how they can protect themselves today, according to scripture there will be an all out war against Israel and she will eventually, temporarily loose the battle, that final conflict, but God will stand up once again on Israel?s behalf and put an end to all wars, in many and in my opinion we are in the end times, just before the return of Jesus for his bride.

For the last 6 years or so we have an elected a president who is not thankful for America and a man who serves a strange god, he has downgraded American influence though out the world, he has brought shame upon the white house and this land by his lack of integrity, he has no regard for our constitution nor the people who wrote it, he has committed treasonous acts against the American people, he is currently attempting to collapse our economy with the influx of aliens at the boarder, I recently predicted obamma will not finish his term in government, but even after all this I say he was a part of Gods plan all along, God saw America slipping away into darkness, So God used a pagan, Obamma to stir awake the righteous within this nation, have you awoken..?

I have this assurance; I believe from God, that just as Israel, because of Gods plan, America will rise from the ash?s as well, oh yes I do predict hard times coming to America, worse then ever before and as to the world also, But America will arise once again and she will see how God?s providence did bring her into existence and that she will shine once again for the Glory of God?

Guess that would be one interpretation.

About as faux Christian as possible, but an interpretation
Nonetheless.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

Wiley, get your chit packed. Rollin out for camp first thing in the afternoon. Maybe threeish for an early start. Don't play like you don't have enough time off from Wiley furniture damnit.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

RC is kind of a plick, wants the end tables and
Recliners sold lickedy split.

Good luck to you and Plickerton, hopefully
You two numbnuts can find a wall worthy doe!!

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom