A 48" MACK ATTACK!!!

I doubt I'd let him go. I like to eat fish more than catch them. Steaks and a good chunk into the smoker.

Yes I would release it. But I won't have the chance. Notice he's from Colo? Flaming Gorge is a great fishery. Blue Mesa here on the Gunnison could be that good but NO. Colorado Parks and wildlife Hates! Trophy/quality any thing!
Our area aquatic guy decided to GILL NET our Upper age class Lakers! Got to protect the Kokanee/sockeye so we can trade other states for walleye eggs..and the front rangers can take 6 times the limit home every weekend to can..he was so proud at the last meeting that he had them beat down enough that he didn't GILL NET in 2018..but the young guys put some 30lbs "minnows" on Instygram through the ice so I'm sure he'll be out there this year drowning the Macs. I wonder the age of your 48? We could have that...but not in my life time. Not Sorry for the rant..but don't want to take away from that great fish..check out the lake trout regs for Blue Mesa Lake if you like big fish your blood will boil..wait until you see what CPAW has planned for our mule deer.

I released a 45 inch, and never even considered keeping it. Plus a fish like that is like 50 years old, I'm not eating anything older than I am!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom