9mm pistol

Horsecorn

Very Active Member
Looking to buy a compact 9. I’d like to get you guys’s opinion on which one you like best. Searching it, some say Glock 19, sig p365, just to name a few. Anyone have either.?

Loved my Sig365 until I tried to put a red dot on it. Damn screws were all rounded out on the place to mount the plate. Sig gave me grief about fixing it but finally agreed to pay the shipping. I said screw it and bought a Glock 43 and couldn’t be happier. Just run the Sig with no sight now and it’s great

Glock 48, that’s my EDC and I love it. It’s narrower than my Glock 19. I carried one of those and it’s too bulky for me.

Before you buy, do a little research on availability and price of extra mags, after market sights, holsters and such of what model you are interested in. Many a people are disappointed after buying a pistol and finding out an extra magazine is $80 bucks and only 2 holster options. My suggestion would be a 43X.

My everday carry is a Springfield EMP in 9mm. It is on a reduced size platform of the 1911 Colt with a 3 inch barrel. Light weight & compact and accurate and reliable.
I use Federal HST 124 grain HP ammo that is a very good bullet for expansion up to 60-70 caliber. Take a look at the Springfield Armory web site for their compact 9mm pistols.
Springfield is now calling the pistol Ronin EMP and the mags hold 9 rounds and reasonable in price. Springfield's customer service is also top notch as they stand behind their products.
RELH

Last edited:
Looks like I got some homework to do now thanks for the response. The only thing with the sig is it’s ambidextrous for us crazy lefties. Maybe others make the same thing

For holsters made for compact 9mm take a look at DeSantis tuckable IWB and Azula pancake holsters. Those two have been very durable and comfortable. Cost not too crazy either.

IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_8475.jpeg

Another thing about the hellcat is you can run a 15 round magazine. Not bad for a micro gun. I prefer springfeilds holster you can get off their website.

Foe my compact 1911 I like the blackhawk holsters.

Don't waste your time with "we the people holsters" I found them to be super uncomfortable

Buy a cheap holster and a legit gun belt, a real gun belt. They are expensive but very much worth it. So many people buy an awesome holster and cheap belt, they wont hold the gun in place then complain it’s uncomfortable. If you have the funds buy both holster and a legit belt if not go belt first

Good hell now I’m way confused with all them options

I would go to a gun store. See which one feels the best. A good gun store will let ya try all the holsters. I found the best to work with is murdochs. We also got a rocky mnt sports but I call them rocky mnt rip ya off sports.

Good luck on a choice

After putting around 20,000 rounds ( best guess prob more ) through various 9mm and 40 Glocks I can say they are reliable period. Which one depends on your hand size, how concealed you want it to be etc etc. The double stack ones Glock 9mm 17/19/26 are much thicker frames than the single stack 43. Then there is the 43x halfway between the two. Go try some and shoot them at a range where you can rent them if you can. Others have also said buy a good holster and stiff belt, I recommend the Galco ones.

Well I just got home from vernal Utah with a new 9. Any body want to
Guess as which one I got. I looked at the Glock 19 and 48,sig 365 ,the hell cat, and the beretta. All Awsome guns but one just felt better than the others in my hand.

Last edited:
That's The Best Way Right There!

Guess as which one I got. I looked at the Glock 19 and 48,sig 365 ,the hell cat, and the beretta. All Awsome guns but one just felt better than the others in my hand.

Did They Have Any KIMBERS?

I didn’t ask about them I didn’t want to get more confused than I allready [was.QUOTE="elkassassin, post: 2282456, member: 1706"]
Did They Have Any KIMBERS?
[/QUOTE]
was.

Last edited:
Nice!
I have a similar Hellcat Pro osp. The rear U Notch sights are unique to Springfield & for whatever reason my eye picks it up a little quicker than some of the other manufacturers iron sights. Fun to shoot.
Ya I liked the sight better than the sig, I’m like you my eye picks it up better. What’s the best in the waist holster?

I'm no expert but I've tried a few. For a Kydex holster I like Blackpoint Tactical's "Leather Wing" but it's Outside the Waistband, but still pretty concealable. They have other offerings for IWB. They make great stuff, I know several former military guys that really like Blackpoint stuff. blackpointtactical.com

I also have a couple Vedder holsters they also make good Kydex stuff. vedderholsters.com

I tried a We The People holster once, threw it out.
As mentioned Desantis makes good stuff.
Looks like you have a light or a laser of some sort, keep that in mind when ordering. Also you're a lefty make sure to check that box if you carry on your left. I'm left-handed as well.

Also it's easy to switch the mag dump release button to the opposite side, I'd recommend doing that as well. Hope this helps a little.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom