9'ers vs Packers?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Sunday, afternoon game. How do you see it turning out?

Personally, i haven't a clue who's going to win. I'll be watching and rooting 9'ers but aside that, hope it's a fun game to watch.

Will the predicted extreme cold come into play?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

9er's will have their scrubs in at the start of the 2nd half cause the score will be so lopsided in their favor!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

mntman, thanks for the comment. That settles it, i'm gonna bet the farm on the Packers. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

If its -18 or some damn thing at halftime like they are predicting, I'm giving the nod to the cheeseheads. Should be a fun game to watch regardless.

I listened to Ronnie Lott on KNBR this week and he thinks the Niners will win the game because they have the much stronger defense. The Packers have their best defensive player out of the game in Clay Matthews. If the game goes like the last few the Niners will build a lead of 24-10 and hold on to win 24-20.

Even though I am a longtime Niner fan and season ticket holder there are those in my family that will routing for the Packers. The Rodgers family went to our church with us and Aaron went to school with my daughters.

I also think the Niners need to replace the Gatoraide with hot chocolate.

Go Niners

The team that can handle that type of cold will be the winner. Holding on to a frozen ball will be no picnic, lots of turnovers could be happening.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I think the 49ers field goal kicker will be the difference in this one, provided the ball doesn't shatter on impact at -18 degrees.:)

Eel

>mntman, thanks for the comment. That
>settles it, i'm gonna bet
>the farm on the Packers.
>:)
>
>Joey
>
I should have stated my disclaimer first....
I cheer for two teams in the NFL; The Vikings and whatever team is playing the cheese pack. :)

The packers defense is actually horrible and that isn't going to change in the post-season. niners will win, rodgers is good but not good enough to carry his defense.

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Eel, great point, isn't he good? What a difference from, last year!

mtnman, lol, i like your style!!

Larrbo, Yeah, the Niners D has been putting on the hits, hurting people, and i don't mean records. This has been one very physical defense and you know, a couple of last years best linemen-end type guys, have yet to really shine this year so either are due for a monster game!

Zekers and Gator, What you say about the cold makes perfect sense to me. I live in cold winter country and it's been in the minus teens lots already this year. That kind of cold hurts! Easy to say but it's no joke. That said, some will disagree that cold is a big factor. I'm with you guys!

Thanks Guys!!

Joey

My middle son is a "Packers" fan. (I think I must have dropped him on his head)

I think the niners would take them apart in a normal game. But I think the cold is going to have a impact on the game and I'm calling packers by 3........

SF will struggle in that cold. Possibly making it a better game then it should be. I can see the pack pulling it off but I don't care either way

Just saw a weather update that claimed both the temp & wind chill could break the all time NFL record for tomorrow. In the wind chill 50 degree below zero area. If I had tickets I'd sell them and go watch in a cozy bar!

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

All ways have to cheer for the home team. Even if I am a Raider fan. Its been fun at our house over the years ,my Wife and Daughter are 9er fans and Myself and our 4 Boys are Raider fans.

lol, thanks guys!!

I just did a weather search. Hard to say how accurate they are because it's usually 10-20 degrees colder here where i live than what they say it is but they have 6 degrees today for a high temp in Green Bay Wi . That's getting down there in "No Fun" territory! :)

Go Niners!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-14 AT 06:01PM (MST)[p]Nothing quite like drinking Alaska Amber beer, eating San Francisco Sourdough French bread along with a big fresh Dungeness CRAB, watching Michael CRAB-tree catch passes.:)

Eel

Wasn't the blow out I expected but at least the packers are OUT! :)
Mntman

I don't think the game would have been near as close as it was if the ref's would have thrown a few flags instead of keeping them in their pockets. I mean, in general i never complain of not enough calls but that game was something else. there were obvious DB's and lineman hanging on our guys during just about every play!

The announcers kept saying that "so and so got away with holding on that play, good no call". WTF, good no calls are for iffy or close plays! If we had lost that game, i would have referred to it as "The Rape in Green Bay!"

So, we won. I guess i'll get over it but i'm still shaking my head. Looked like not too many Niner guys got hurt either so we should be good to go next week.

Joey

The 2 games yesterday and then the 2 games today, all won with a difference in scores like 1, 2 and 3 points....nothing but seesaw action. I was hoping that Packers would WIN so I could make a few mad at me....LOL

I really don't care who wins just like to see the undog win sometime and someone WHO has not played in a SUPERBOWL before or at least in a very long time.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Wahoo! Go 9ers!

72999ers.jpg

Lil' Red & I are HUGE 49er fans. So...kilowatt...lucky for you they beat those Packers today! ;-)

Geez Sage your starting to mirror your coach. That guy must be exhausted after a game bitching and crying the entire time? I hope the Panthers really give you guys something to cry about.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-14 AT 01:20AM (MST)[p] Along with above, OP said in another thread, "I've been in the Clink many times and I think the noise thing has been blown up by the media. Is it load in there? Yup but so are other places in the league. The 9er fans whine because you got a crappy stadium half full of fruit flys. Has it ever occured to the 9er fans that the reason for the run the ball/simple offense is due to the fact that you have a QB with the football IQ of 4? They may very well win the SB but it won't be because Super Kap is the second coming of Joe Montana. He sucks and is a douche much like his head coach. It's a shame to see what used to be a class organization in the glory days has become with Hardouche at the controls."

So you don't like the 9'ers or at least this team, we get that.

Some notice and vocalize their wonderment at the abandonment of rules to a greater or lesser degree. So i guess Coach noticed pretty good! :)

You can go back and look at niner and SF Giant threads for years. I don't make excuses, never hardly ever did. You lose you lose, win, you win. But Today's game, i still don't know how they could just ignore all the blatant holding that was going on. It wasn't for the good of the game... unless you were a Packers Fan or wanted the 9'ers to lose.

Now, You know about how loud noises effect a football game because you have spent a lot of time in jail? Sheesh! good luck with that! :)

Edit: Clink = CenturyLink Field, Seahawks Stadium. Gotcha!!

Joey

That was a great game and now its on to Carolina. I looked at the #4 post on this thread and some guy predicted the Niners would win 24-20.....that's a close call.

Larrbo, Eel, i agree! Both you guys should be regular and highly compensated analysts on "Joey's Fox Pregame Show!"

I'm a tad elated, i believe in all the years here, First time both Lil Red and TripleK both posted on one of my threads. Girls are good, you go girls, i hope your team does good!!! :)

Go Niners!!

Joey

Joey, make that the SF Giants pre game show and larrbo and I are in!:)

I like our MM girls too!

Eel

Sage, I wonder how you would rather have the games go? This season was tainted by too many rules and putting too much on the backs of officials while we sit and watch it on a 70" HDTV with 20 camera views of every play. Over the weekend there was 1/2 the penalties called compared to the regular season avg. A let them play approach is a big improvement over the flag-fest of a regular season in my book. Did they miss a few that should have been called? Ya but I saw many on both sides so at least it was consistent. One PI call all weekend. If that trend continues and the Niners/Seahawks match up happens, I can just imagine all the crying about Seattle's secondary "Raping" your 9ers. I will enjoy the games as played,root for my team and make no excuses no matter what happens. One thing I can count on is my coach will not ##### and moan the entire game and my QB will not look and act like a gangsta before & after the game. Maybe Jim should watch his big brother a bit on how to conduct himself in a professional manner and Kap should work on representing the NFL with some class. I know my guy will. In the end I have 0 respect for those two individuals mentioned above but I do recognize the 9ers as a damn good football team.

OP, i do agree with most of what you said there! If i don't agree with all of it, i at least understand where you're coming from and those are your opinions so i'm good with that.

Me though, i just don't buy into calling games, even if way too many calls, one way all season long and then having a drastic change in interpretation of the rules come the playoffs.

I question about 80-90% of the offensive plays we call during any given game. We need a fresh playbook, bad!!

Joey

Only have ONE QUESTION for KKK & RED....which one of you is wearing the shirt??? Someone get a bucket of water fast!

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>
>I'm a tad elated, i believe
>in all the years here,
>First time both Lil Red
>and TripleK both posted on
>one of my threads. Girls
>are good, you go girls,
>i hope your team does
>good!!! :)
>
>Go Niners!!
>
Not only did I comment on YOUR thread, Joey, but I also posted a fine set of DDDs. ;-)

That answer your ??, Kilo? Go Niners!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom