9 yo banned from baseball

WOW! What is wrong with some people? I guess everyone is supposed be average at everything; no one should excel at anything. I don't get this mentallity at all. I've been telling my kids for years not to be mediocre or average, but to try to be the best at whatever they do. I don't understand what the opposing coach was thinking when he pulled his team from the field. He basically told all of his players that they weren't good enough to be on the same field as the other boy. Man this guy should be teaching youth self esteem seminars when he's not teaching kids how to be quitters on the baseball field. I agree TripleK, what a joke.

here's the problem........

"Jericho's coach and parents say the boy is being unfairly targeted because he turned down an invitation to join the defending league champion, which is sponsored by an employer of one of the league's administrators."

JB

One more thing; if this is a league of beginners and isn't competitive, why do they have a league champion? It's amazing what so called adults will do sometimes.

It's ok Jenn, someday he'll be laughing at them when he's pitching for the New York Yankee's.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

>It's ok Jenn, someday he'll be
>laughing at them when he's
>pitching for the New York
>Yankee's.
>
No, they'll be laughing at him cuz the Yankees STINK!!

Jenn,

The Yankees STINK....yeah, of CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! :)

Most winning team in sports history.....yeah, what a bunch of bums!! :)

ALL OF THE YANKEE HIGHLIGHT FILMS ARE IN BLACK & WHITE,(ITS BEEN A SPELL) THIS YEAR WILL MAKE 10 YEARS IN A ROW WITH NO WORLD SERIES APPEARANCES. IN FACT THIS YEAR.....NO PLAYOFFS AT ALL...HOW THE MIGHTY YANKS HAVE FALLEN.....YD.

I'm thinking some major league teams are offering that kid multi-million dollar contracts, signing bonuses, steroids, hookers, etc just to sign with them now.

Welcome to youth sports. Gotta love 'em.

IF THE KID IS PITCHING AT 9, KNOTHEAD COACHES WILL THROW HIM TO DEATH JUST TO WIN. HE WILL BE DONE PITCHING ABOUT 16-18, BE SPENT & A CANIDATE FOR TOMMY JOHN REPAIR.....I WATCHED THIS SENARIO TAKE PLACE A FEW TIMES. I HATE KNOTHEAD COACHES.....YD.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 06:53PM (MST)[p]There is nothing right about this story. Disallowing a kid from pitching at that age is an example of everything that's wrong with youth sports. Sports is about competing, and the best should be allowed to acheive success. So much of this BS about having to have everyone be the same is a bunch of BS. The players who go on to play in college or pro ball are those who compete at the highest levels that they can find.

Yukon Dall is somewhat correct in his comments about kids who pitch at a young age NOT being the ones who are pitching at later ages. Way too often, these young kids are abused by over-zealous dads who are coaching. I've seen a number of kids who were outstanding at younger ages, who are no longer playing baseball due to arm problems. Most of the prominent pitchers in high school and who go on to college pitching careers are those who took up pitching at a later date or who were used conservatively. Tommy John surgery is nothing that anyone should want to have to consider. My son tore his UCL and had Tommy John surger during his high school senior year, and it cost him two seasons of baseball. He's a catcher, the second most frequent position, behind pitchers, who have to get TJ surgery. It is expensive, the rehab is long and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to play at a high level in the future. He's trying to make his college team right now, and it's a tough road to come back when you've missed a few years.

Not allowing this kid to pitch is total BS, but might not be the worst thing for him at such a young age. If he's used intelligently, pitching at a young age can be good, but under NO circumstance is this BS about not wanting to let kids compete worth ever giving any consideration to.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]ROIDS???
Anyone piss test this kid yet?
Move him up an age group!
rm

Hey Triple K.

Is your 9 yr old playing this weekend here in Utah county?
I see that a team from Roosevelt is playing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom