9/11 Remember

L

life2extreme

I say we all take a minute of our busy lives and remember those who lost their lives 6 years ago today. I cannot seem to get Alan Jackson's song "Where were you" out of my head today. That fateful day 6 years ago is why I chose to leave everything behind and join the military at 26 years old. There are many out there that have done the same. I did it for the Firefighters, Police officers, and most of all the innocent victims that lost their lives for nothing. I say we give them that honor. Give them this day. Let them never be forgotten.

Sgt Mike Adkins
United States Marine Corps
0351/Infantry

Aim Center Mass

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-07 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]I was living in a hotel in Salt Lake City at the time. I had gotten up made some coffee and turned on the local news. They showed the 1st tower burning and I thought "now that's strange" it was a live shot & I saw the 2nd plane go by & thought "what the hell is that plane doing so close" As the events unfolded and I realized the magnitude of what had happened I called the guy's working for me at the time & told them to go home for the day & be with their families. My office was near the airport & I'll never forget how strange it was to see zero aircraft in the sky. I still have a little photograph of the Statue of Liberty with the Twin Towers in the backgroung on my desk. I'll never forget.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-07 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p] I WAS A FIREFIGHTER AT THE TIME, GETTING DRESSED TO LEAVE AND GO ON DUTY FOR 24 HOURS. I WAS SHOCKED AT THE SITES AS THE STORY/ATTACKS UNFOLDED INTO SO MANY DIFFERENT LOCATIONS IN THE STATES. THE WORDS "HOMELAND SECURITY" IS SOMETHING I GOT AQUAINTED WITH REAL FAST ...DUE TO ALL THE NEW SOP'S THAT WERE PUT INTO PLACE ON THE JOB. I WENT TO GROUND ZERO, AND TALKED WITH A FEW OF THE FIRST IN FIREMEN OUT OF NYFD STATION #10 THAT SURVIVED....... I LOOK AT PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY NOW...YD.

Amen Life2exteme amen.
I was in my truck on the way back to my office after getting some of my men started on a job. I WILL NEVER FORGET!! God Bless those families.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Xtreme;

There is many of us that will never forget. I would like to take the time to thank you and all the other military men & women who put their lives on the line to preserve our freedom and great country. Many of us thank you on a daily basis in our prayers.

RELH

I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY!!!

IT WAS THE QUIETEST DAY I'VE EVER HEARD!!!

NOT PLANES FLYING!!!

NO BIRDS CHIRPING!!!

JUST WAY TO QUIET TO BE RIGHT!!!

I'D OF TOOK A FEW COUNTRIES RIGHT OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!

BUT ITS NOT UP TO JUST ME!!!

IF HE'S IN PAKISTAN HIDING I SAY WE REMOVE PAKISTAN OFF THE GLOBE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Sgt. Adkins,

Yesterday I flew my flag in rememberance of those who died, and in thankfulness for men such as you!

Eel

You all are going to hate me but I was in Tahiti. Had no idea what happened as the news was only in French. When I finally found out I was deeply sickened. Then angry, still am.

Ransom

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom