9/11 - Never Forget

Roy

I will never forget waking up after a night that was too short to take care of my baby daughter while my wife was getting ready for work. She had already been up and had the T.V. on NBC and as I went downstairs to get the baby's bottle ready they were reporting that a plane had crashed into some building in New York. I was a little groggy from the short night's rest that my sweet little girl had interrupted, and I wasn't too interested until they said it was the World Trade Center and showed the shots of the black smoke pouring into the sky, but at first I just thought it was an accident.

I got the bottle ready, tested it and at about that time, the second plane hit, and I knew immediately it wasn't just an accident or a coincidence, we were under attack. As I held my daughter and got ready to feed her, she was drawn to the TV just as much as I was. Even at just 3 and 1/2 months old, she could tell that something important was happening, something out of the ordinary. I knew it was going to change all of our lives in one way or another, and I remember feeling helpless as I held her there and watched with her the events of that morning.

Before I left for work this morning, I went in an checked on her. She's 12 now and is almost as tall as her mother. She was sleeping peacefully in her bed, I pushed her long hair back and kissed her gently on the forehead, still remembering the way she felt in my arms that day but forever glad we shared that moment together.

Here is a great timeline that details the events of September 11, 2001. If you have few minutes, please read, you will not regret it.

http://guardianofvalor.com/anniversary-tribute-to-september-11th-2001-911-timeline-of-events/

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I was already at work when the BS started that day!

T'was the Quietest Day I've ever Heard!

No Planes Flying/Buzzing around!

The Birds weren't even Chirpin!

Lots of Thoughts/Emotions going through Our Brains that day!

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

I still tear up when I see the videos. It changed the world forever. Will not be forgotten. God Bless America. Goddamn those that try to harm her.

Slick

Amen Rus!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

forget???....htf can we forget????....you been to an airport lately???.....we are now a bunch of scared rabbits.....they won..

look at what "homeland security" has turned into.

We live in a fricking police state....

>forget???....htf can we forget????....you been to
>an airport lately???.....we are now
>a bunch of scared rabbits.....they
>won..
>
>look at what "homeland security" has
>turned into.
>
>We live in a fricking police
>state....

Not 'State'!

States!

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Its about the brave men and women who ran into those buildings knowing they may not come back out. May their memory live on forever.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom