8X or 10X???

• Thread starter old_man_of_the_hills
  • Start date
O

old_man_of_the_hills

I pretty much had my heart set on a new pair of 10X50s, but now I'm having second thoughts. I plan on getting a pair of 15Xs for serioud tripod glassing and also carrying a smaller pair of binos for shorter glassing sessions. Originally, I wanted 10Xs, but now i'm wondering if they will be too wobbly when unsupported. With out the 15Xs, the 10Xs would be my choice, no question, but since I plan on having the 15Xs with me at all times, should I get new 8Xs instead???? Which setup is more useful: 8x42 and 15x50 or 10x50 and 15x50 ???

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

I think a lot is just preference. I switched from 8's to 10's and wouldn't go back as all I do is see better!!! I haven't noticed any problem with "wobble" between the two. On the otherhand........I know others who say that the 10's are too much wobble for them.

Well.......I replied, but I guess without an answer. My answer is......I prefer 10's for all around general use.

Good luck.

You might want to look at the Leica 10-15x50 duovid you get both in one glass, I had the 15x56 swarovskis like the Leicas better. Everyones eyes are different, something to think about.

I started using 8x quite a few years ago after two or three pairs of 10x. For me, there is no better all around bino. I find the 8s to be much easier to hold steady and provide enough magnification for all but the furthest away critters. For those, I use a spotting scope on a tripod. If you do a lot of stationary glassing, I strongly suggest using a tripod underneath the high power binos. The 8s are generally lighter, too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom