88 Car keeps its crew chief

Roy

OK Jr. fans - let us know how you feel.

Good thing?

of

Bad thing?

Where will Little E finish next season?

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) - Dale Earnhardt Jr. will keep his crew chief next season.

Hendrick Motorsports says Lance McGrew will stay with the No. 88 team in 2010.

McGrew took over the job on an interim basis in May when Tony Eury Jr. was fired after a horrendous start to the season.

Team owner Rick Hendrick says he has faith that McGrew can get the No. 88 team turned around. Earnhardt is 24th in the standings, and has two top 10 finishes since McGrew took over.

"I have total faith in Lance and what he's capable of accomplishing with Dale Jr.," Hendrick said. "There was a lot of pressure with how he came into this deal, and the way he's handled it has been extremely impressive. Lance is confident in himself and in his decisions, and all the outside distractions aren't going to faze him. He's a strong-willed guy who will keep his eye on the ball and not settle."

He's lobbied lately to keep McGrew, but has admitted his confidence in himself has been shaken during this slump.

"Lance has been part of the solution, not the problem," said Earnhardt. "He's tough, which is what I need, and we've really clicked in a short period of time. The communication has gotten better every practice and every race, and I know that's going to keep improving. Having this decision behind us is really important, and now we can focus on the future instead of the past."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/10295838/McGrew-to-stay-on-as-Earnhardt-crew-chief-in-'10

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Methinks the 88 team just needs a new driver.

I think Danica would do them a lot of good. :*

danica2.jpg[\img]

She looks good to me and she couldn't do any worse. Hell Stevie Wonder could beat Dale!!

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom