85mm angled spotter in a Eberlestock J34 pack?

npaden

Just curious if anyone has a setup like this.

I'm really debating on getting the new Zen Ray ED2 82mm spotter and am wondering if it will fit in the spotting scope slot in my Eberlestock J34 pack?

I'm getting a new Outdoorsmans tripod from the HAC challenge and my current spotting scope just isn't worthy of such a nice tripod so I'm looking to upgrade. My current scope is a straight Bausch and Lomb 20-60x 70mm scope and it barely fits, but the main problem is it's length. The Zen Ray is shorter, but I'm not sure how the angled scope is going to fit in there.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Nathan

Do you prefer the angled scopes?? Personally I don't, I was told the straight version won't be available til the end of the year now so I'm going to end up with the angled I guess. I'm not familiar with your pack but I like where your head's at with the spotter, I hope it's as sweet as their binos!!

~Z~

I've never used an angled scope. I researched all the threads in the archives I could find, and it really seems like most of the guys with the really nice setups prefer the angled scopes although there are a few that prefer the straight scopes.

I figure if the first really nice scope I get is angled then I'll end up liking angled scopes! ;-)

Well I guess I will update this thread on how it fits when my scope gets here.

I kept worrying that the current $200 discount would go away while I was debating on buying one or not, so I went ahead and ordered it today.

Got a tripod adapter and digiscoping adapter as well.

Please report here. I am in a market for a spotter too. Have been drooling over my friend's Vortex Razor for a few months. I almost pulled the trigger until I saw ZEN ED2 coming along. I would like to know the build quality of this spotter.

I'll do a write up. I have zero experience with high end stuff though so not sure how good it will be.

I have a pair of the Zen Ray 10x43mm ED2 binoculars though and really like them.

I have the 8x43 ED2's and they're sweet!! For sure let me know what you think of your scope when you get it!!

~Z~

I am not familiar with the j-34 pack by Eberlestock but I am familiar with the J-105 and it will definitely fit in that pack. You also can leave your scope attached to your tripod and slide the tripod down into the rifle scabbard when not hunting with a rifle. fatrooster.

>They said they were coming out
>with one.

nice! I just ordered one too. Where do you get the J34 pack? I think I need one too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom