#8 shot for Drones?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Seems a little light to me but it depends on the range.

If someone flies their drone over my yard with a camera attached, they better have permission. What would you do?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...shoots-down-drone-hovering-over-his-backyard/

The way William Merideth sees it, it's pretty clear-cut: a drone flying over his backyard was a well-defined invasion of privacy, analogous to a physical trespassing.

Not knowing who owned it, the Kentucky man took out his shotgun and fired three blasts of Number 8 birdshot to take the drone out.

"It was just right there," he told Ars. "It was hovering, I would never have shot it if it was flying. When he came down with a video camera right over my back deck, that's not going to work. I know they're neat little vehicles, but one of those uses shouldn't be flying into people's yards and videotaping."

Minutes later, a car full of four men that he didn't recognize rolled up, "looking for a fight."

Never Mess with the PERTY BIRDIE!

He's Armed!

8028drone.jpg

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I'm bettin he went with the winchester AA super handicap loads. They got a little more poop behind em. And just to show how bright the drone pilots were they went lookin for a fight with the guy with the shotgun. I wonder if they know how to wipe their own arses!

I'd think #5 shot about right. ;-)

Seriously, those things are a sic peeping tom's dream machine. Stay home living in mamma's basement and still film thru all the neighbor's windows that he wants...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm thinking 00buck. Gotta aim but the thing ain't getting close enough to take my picture as evidence.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom