75 Million Year Old Turtle in Utah

kilowatt

Rare prehistoric pregnant turtle found in Utah
By MIKE STARK, AP
7 hours ago

Loading... Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes 44
This undated image provided Montana State University shows CT technician, Ta...
Email Story
Discuss
Print
Digg
Del?
Plaxo

SALT LAKE CITY ? Paleontologists say a 75-million-year-old turtle fossil uncovered in southern Utah has a clutch of eggs inside, making it the first prehistoric pregnant turtle found in the United States.

At least three eggs are visible from the outside of the fossil, and Montana State University researchers this week have been studying images taken from a CT scan in search of others inside.

Montana State graduate student Michael Knell says the turtle was probably about a week from laying her eggs when she died and became entombed for millions of years in sandstone.

The fossil was found in 2006 in a remote part of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The eggs weren't discovered until after it sat in storage for two years and was being re-examined by a volunteer.

Probably one of Roys ancestors poached a pregnant turtle and left it to rot. That's my guess.

Eel

4a034f8f56fe5104.jpg

Poached? Are you kidding me? Back then it was a matter of species and family preservation! Don't tell me you would have done the same thing!!! If it was my ancestors - GOOD JOB - you didn't just kill 1 turtle - but probably millions of them! It was probably a venemous turtle that would have wiped out early human civilization altogether. That's why there is MANkind on earth today - not just some venemous, canabilistic, blood-thirsty ancient species of turtle!

YOU ARE WELCOME VERY MUCH EEL!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom