700ml trigger issues

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I have a Remington 700ml muzzleloader. In the past 2 years the trigger has gotten so sensitive it goes off before I even realize I touched it. I have never done anything to the trigger (adjustments) I just clean it. Any ideas? Is this something I can fix myself?

Sounds like a really good trigger to me! (I like them light)

If it's like other 700 triggers you can adjust for sear engagement, over-travel and return tension.

It's a bit hard to explain in a quick post but all 3 adjustments affect each other so you better not just start cranking on them. Get it to someone who knows triggers before it gets worse.

Good luck,
Zeke

I had the same problem with mine only worse. It would go off when I closed my bolt! Not a good feeling when shooting at a public range. Sent it back to Remington for repair. Been too scared to shoot it since I got it back! Maybe one day I will give it another try...

Horniac

I have a Omega thats very touchy-feely, never sent it in but I am ultra careful with it when it is capped.

Don, how did the Colorado Mt Goat hunt turn out.

There's like 3 different Screws/Adjustments!

Anybody ever Tampered with the Adjustment Screws?

As mentioned above!

Study Up on adjusting a Trigger before letting some Back Woods Gun Mechanic make even a more Dangerous situation!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Thanks guys I cannot see any adjustments so I am going go a gunsmith. Mnt goat hunt story on bowsite under mnt goat forum.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom