66A Elk 2nd Season?

copple2

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-10 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-10 AT 11:27?AM (MST)

Hey Guys,

looking at my options for the 2011 season. Would like to hunt 66A for bulls and was wondering if anyone has hunted the 2nd rifle season, that runs the second half of October. Any experience, thoughts, tips, etc would be appreciated.

PM me if you want.

Thanks,

copple2

Helped my Father inlaw and Brother inlaw (I still can't draw it after 10+ years of trying) 2 or 3 years ago on that hunt (they both ate tag soup). And I hunt deer around there almost every year, and I will tell you there are some good bulls around but it can be a tough hunt. During that season they are quiet and spend most of their time in the darkest timber they can find after being chased for the last month and a half with the archery and 1st rifle season. + you have to deal with all the general deer hunters that hammer the area at the same time. Not trying to talk you out of applying there but I have considered looking for a new area to try as the quality has seemed to go down lattley and F&G had to turn the OTC archery hunt into a limited quota because of the declining #s.

Here are the bulls my daughter and nephew took on the second hunt.
If you spend the time the elk are there. It can be be a great hunt.

4064dsc_0015.jpg

6482dsc_0026.jpg

Texcrantler, those are some great bulls! Good work with the family. Thanks for posting up some good pics...

Anyone else have opinions on this hunt?

copple2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom