652 deer tag the good or the bad

36moose

got the 652 deer permit would like to hear some stories if you got any.have hunted some of the other breaks units and know about the gumbo,the big elk i can never draw a rifle tag for and lots of bucks that could use just a few more years.what else is there to know?

I can tell you right after Thanksgiving......my buddy drew that same one and I am gonna tag along and help glass as much as possible. I hope to have my buck down with a general archery tag by the time the rifle hunt start so I can help him out. I'm hoping for the best and that we somehow bump some elk in there, too. If I don't kill a muley by then I hope we bump a nice whitey buck along with a good buck for him.

Good luck and post some pics.....

Stu

the good thing with that tag is that u will see alot of deer. Hunted it for 8 days last season looking for a good deer with 5 sets of eyes. Even used a jet boat to get into the bays. Ended up settling to end the trip. A ton of young bucks and to close to the highway if you know what i mean.

It sure is not what it used to be.

I can find as good of quality in other general units.

Nemont

I am actually working in the immediate area of 652 and will keep an eye out for bucks and locations. I do know of 1 legitimate 30" muley we saw from the highway at the Rock Creek Recreation turnoff. I will be running along the highway on the East side of the unit for the full length of it each am and pm so I should get a good idea of locations for you. I will be in the area for the next 6 weeks.

36moose,

Drew the tag last year. Hunted it opening weekend then the next 7 days.

Need any more information send me a e-mail.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom