6.7 cummins

justr_86

Long Time Member
Did it hurt your fuel mileage when you went from 265's to 285's? I know the cummins gets worse empty fuel mileage than ford or chev but loaded it doesn't hurt it much. What's your expreience?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Not mine.... I get 15 empty, 14 pulling. My duramax got 16 empty 14 loaded. Then I put a lift and 35s, exhaust and programmer and got 19 empty 16 loaded. My duramx pulled better and handled the trailer better. 10,000lb trailer.

I'm pretty disappointed in the dodge...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hey justr?

Have you pulled the Obama Pipe off the Dodge?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

LAST EDITED ON May-26-11 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]I told you, but you wouldn't listen. And if you haven't pulled off the Obama pipe yet, you'll have to soon when it clogs up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Doesn't even sound like justr is making anybody Inhale yet?:D

They didn't need to go to a bigger Cummins!

Next time you Call justr I'll know what to bring,my cordless Sawzall!:D

Them Newer Diesels must have the Obama pipe Removed rather Obama likes it or not!:D

Easy Rut!:D

I wanted to put a programmer and exhaust on this one too, the dealership said no if I wanted any warrantee to stay on the truck so..... I should have kept my duramax... Its ok I will have another one day!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Won't be long & I'll let you know which Truck gets the best Mileage with 6,000 pounds on it's Back justr!

It will be figured with a Calculator just like always & not that Phony f'n Digital Lieing Obama MPG readout!

Gonna be an Apple to Apple Comparison!

No Obama Pipes!

And an evenly Mildly Brain Mod!

We'll see & I'll let you know!

Then in 250,000 Miles I'll post what it cost to run both Brands during that 250K run!

Not knockin any Brand!

A True Test is in order!

Can't remember what year your "Dirty Max" was justr?

05-06?

I just looked at the New Dirty Max's!

They've got an Obama Juice Tank on them under the Passenger side door that wouldn't last you or me 15 minutes in the Mountains!

GEEZUS what a PISS POOR design that is!

Like I mentioned a year ago,there will be alot of people resorting back to Gas engines!

Problem is,what you gonna do for TORQUE?

Knowing justr the dodge wont last very long. He changes out trucks as often as he changes his under pants. It will only be a little while longer until it either hits a cow or slides off the road.
the fuel mileage will improve if you dont make the tires screech at all the stoplights.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

You do know that 80% of the parts on the new 6.7 are the same parts as the 5.9 cummins! I just rebuilt and machined a 5.9 out of my 02, 6 speed cummins, sleved ,ballanced and blueprinted the block and punched her out to a 6.0 and stuffed her back in ,WOW it was ten grand well spent and that was just parts ,i did all my own labor. And she still gets over 20 mpg !!!

juster86, Let me guess you bought an automatic trans !!!!

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

The big reason I went to dodge was the 6 speed. That truck was a pos.. So they traded me into a bighorn edition with 27k but its a auto...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Sorry to hear that but it had nothing to do with the transmission , probably a cracked head and a huge loss of power, the dodge 5@6 speeds manuals are bomb proof, i verry rarely shift in my six speed while towing the power and torque range has always been there!!!

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

The 6 Speed Sticks in the 01-04 Cummins are twice the Tranny the 5 Speeds will ever be!

Weak Link on them 5 speeds is 5th gear!

LAST EDITED ON May-29-11 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]For some reason this thing done a Double Post?

Just gonna mention!

The Cummins backed by a 6 Speed & 3:73 or 4:10 Gears will be hard to beat!

If & when needed to shift down they finally hit this combo on the head!

The 6 Speed Sticks in the 01-04 Cummins are twice the Tranny the 5 Speeds will ever be!

Weak Link on them 5 speeds is 5th gear!

BESSY, Your correct the back nut on the 5th gear on the 5 speeds was notorious for backing off and causing all kinds of grief !

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

check out diesel truck resource center. go to the forumns and look for the 6.7 liter section and you will find some tips.

i run a 5.9 with lots of hot extras and by joining and asking questions it helped me out a lot.

just a idea for ya.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom