6.4 HEMI VS 5.7 HEMI ANYBODY???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering if anybody has Run Both of them to Compare?

I Know the 6.4 HEMI is rated Slightly higher in Power?

But is it enough to even Screw with?

5.7 Mileage VS 6.4 Mileage?

Anybody?

I'm Talkin Real World performance?

Not the BS you see advertised on TV!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

ElkA Traded a 16 year old Cummins for a 2012 single cab 2500 long bed with the 5.7 in January. Got 18 mpg Gunnison to GJ and then back home using the cruse and obeying the signs. Computer MPG on dash and pencil and paper MPG match. 14 MPG on ranch and running in to Gunny for parts and fuel.
Power, I've pulled allot of horse trailers with 460's and 454's and 350's before Dodge and Cummins hooked up. The 5.7 does fine 24 ft. goose neck three horses. Down to 10 MPG pulls allot like a 1984 F-350 with the 460. Hard to compare the old 4 speed manual to this 6 speed auto. On the downhill... the thumb shift does work but if you pull alot with this set up you will be an expert at front pads. Not much of a hot rod at this age but if I would of had this 5.7 30 years ago I would have had a hard time keeping my license. Ride? ROUGH just what a ranch truck should be! Once it's paid for I'll put a flatbed on it. Horse trailering in the Valley this will do. Taking 18 head to the sale barn over the pass, I'll Take the 4 door Cummins 3500 just don't tell the wife until I'm loaded.
I simply could not justify two diesel trucks nor can I ever afford to have a Cummins ranch truck again. (Go Price them!)
Wish like hell I could have found a Manual. And yes she will take 4 chains. Got one with hand crank windows. No frills no BS.
I have been advised not to put a Block heater in it??screws up the computer???? anybody know anything about that? I need to do some reading on that. I live in Gunnison Colorado I have a block heater or circulating heater on everything I own. I have to say I LIKE having a gas truck again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom