6.0 shaker in CA

feddoc

Long Time Member
Hope all the MM folks in northern CA are ok. Happened about an hour ago.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. ? DEVELOPING...

Officials say an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.0 has been reported in northern California's San Francisco Bay area.

Leslie Gordon of the U.S. Geological Survey says the tremor struck at just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday. The epicenter was about six miles southwest of Napa, California, and about 50 miles west-southwest of Sacramento.

There was no immediate report of damage.

Everyone just settle down. Chubby fell out of bed. Nothing to see here. Move along.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Everyone just settle down. Chubby
>fell out of bed.
>Nothing to see here.
>Move along.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Just as long if you don't in Nampa!

>>Everyone just settle down. Chubby
>>fell out of bed.
>>Nothing to see here.
>>Move along.
>>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>
>
>
> Just as long if
>you don't in Nampa!
"Napa Valley"

Wonder if cell infrastructures are down??? I just texted the idiot abroad an no response. Only thing I can think is he was so shaken he went to star bucks for a girly drink to calm his nerves instead of man coffee.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

That location given for the epicenter is way wrong. It was a lot further then 50 miles from Sacramento and was North-East direction from Sacramento.

Epicenter was 6 miles out of Napa, CA. in the heart of the wine country. Millions upon millions of damage done and the wine-cheese loving liberals in that area are crying the blues because of all the wine bottles that got broken.

RELH

We have an older lady friend that lives in Napa just down the street from those trailers on fire....scared the h@ll out of her....lot of damage and broken stuff at her house....portable wine storage cooler with 100 bottles of wine up side down fridge, moved and just about everything move at least a foot from where it belonged.....glad she is safe.....and not injured.

))))--------->

The center of the quake was in American Canyon which lies about half way between Napa and Vallejo in Napa Valley in northern Cali.
About 50 miles from where I live and as usual, I slept through it but the wife woke me up saying that the whole house was rocking and rolling and she heard something fall in one of the other rooms.
I got up and took a Wizz first, then looked in each room till I found 3 pictures laying on the carpet on the livingroom floor.
Went back to bed as I need some sleep as I was getting up and leaving at 0600 headed to Woodland close to Sacramento to do some range shooting with my buddy.

When I came home, I went through Napa to go home and about 3 miles of traffic signals were not working and PG&E Crews were all over the area along with CHP watching for speeders and keeping things to a slow creep.

Sorry about the folks who lost their homes etc but that is "mother nature" at its finest around here. It was a 6.0 Mag at 7 mile depth according to KTVU TV at 7pm.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Eel you can bet that the "Renaissance Winery" that is located about 10 miles from my house is dancing in glee over the destruction of all that wine. They will be trying to fill the void so their cult leader can increase his coffers.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom