58-1 late bulls

E

elkslaya

Looking for all the advice I can on where to find a big bull during this hunt. The hunt is in November. Thanks y'all. Happy hunting!

Congrats on a good tag, i have been trying to draw it for years, after you share info with others maybe someone will help you out,

46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Most people don't like a new guy that just shows up and wants info on a hunt. Especially if people see this as a good hunt and someone that knows absolutely nothing draws it, then gets on here and wants something and gives nothing in return.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

I never said I know nothing about my area, otherwise I wouldnt have put in for it. I have seen mant good bulls in this area, but I always archery hunt it and of course the Bulls are on a different pattern by November. I have seen people on here willing to share info with others so thought it couldn't hurt to ask. No need for y'all to get rude about it. If anyone has something worth saying, again it is appreciated, otherwise dont waste your time or mine by responding.

I didn't say you. I only explained what the first two guys said. I was trying to point out that if you offer something, people are a lot more willing to respond.

Also, an intro doesn't hurt. Maybe some pics, everyone likes pictures. Tell people who you are, where you stand on current events.

If you are on here for a while, you offer info, opinions, and participate, people will help you. People have to get a feel for who you are, not just a name(elkslaya). Its no different than if someone you've never met/heard of/seen calls you and says, "hey, I want info on this area." Its alot easier to give info to someone when you have a feel for who you are.

And don't assume that everyone knows anything about the units they put in for. You have already come off as rude and arrogant by your 3rd post.

And what you saw on here before, is most likely people sharing info with people they already knew through this forum. Even though most of us don't know each other personally, but we have a feel for what kind of hunter everyone else is. There are people we share with, and people we don't.

The more you put into this forum, the more you will get out of it. Unless you are a douche bag. Then no one will like you, no matter what.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

All I can say is I hope your not like the two guys I ran into up there last year during the archery hunt. They drew that tag and thought it would be a good idea to ride their motorcycles up and down each draw messing everything up for us. Then had the nerve to asks for help as we were hiking up the mountain the just rode all over. Sorry not much help on that time of year but please respect the other hunters!

First off. If I came across arrogant or rude I apologize. It was not my intent. Again, I thought it wouldn't hurt to talk to people. I know exactly what you mean about people on motorcycles and wheelers. I am not like that at all. I am a firm believer in hiking the extra miles quietly to not mess the areas up for myself or for others. I have had my fair share of areas ruined by wheelers. One particular area had a trail you could only use on foot. Over the years people on wheelers started using it and now its an official wheeler road. Its tough to go up there and hunt without having someone drive all the way up spooking all the game.

I'm sorry didn't mean to make it sound like you would do that. Just thought it was pretty funny that they asked for advice after messing everything up for us. I have been up there during the muzzleloader hunts o few time. If we had early storms they would be up on they sun soaked ridges all day in big herds. Sorry though cant be much more help than that.

Good luck! Should be a great hunt!

Several friends and family have had that the last few years. With anything less than 18" of snow, they'll still be up on top of the ridges. Lots of glassing opportunities. Pray for good snow!

The elk do stay high until there is alot of snow. The places you are seeing them now is still a good bet in early November.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom