54,65 Elk

440sixpack

Anyone know anything about this hunt? not much info out there about it.

I've learned several times not to trust Garth that much.

right where i live, well the area is limited to heart mountain. located between cody and powell. a heard of elk come off a big ranch. a lot of the locals like this tag cause they road hunt and wait for the elk to drop down to the farms.

its a hit or a miss. there is a herd of elk that stay there year around and they now how to hide. for a good hunt you need pressure from the surrounding areas to push the elk into the area and snow to keep them moving.

if your looking to shoot a cow then i would say go for it, if your looking for a bull then expect a 280-320 bull with no problem. there has been bigger bulls seen and shot but like i said you need a good snow to push these elk in, late november would be the best time

Doesn't really sound like the best hunt in WY then, or even one that would be much fun.

I've heard 58 is kind of the same thing?

My wife is the one with max points so I'm trying to find a late hunt that would be good for her since we don't have much time in October due to our harvest season. road hunting and a competition isn't what we're looking for.

it really sucks that they took the late hunts away from 51,52,55 and 56. after 12 years of putting in i never got to experence a late hunt for myself.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom