502 goodness

feddoc

Long Time Member
Almost finished...head will be torqued today, followed by the blower (after polishing), and dual edlebrock carb apparatus.

Heads got resurfaced just because.

Then I can quit making those stupid motorboat sounds around the house.

upmemzt.jpg

xws8txz.jpg

Awesome. What blower are you tossing on top of it and what is it going in? Are you making this a fun street rod or is it going to be mainly for the strip? Can't see enough of the firewall to tell what you have it in.

Heck yeah it’s gonna be sweet when it’s done!! Make sure you’ve got plenty of extra tires too!!

In a bit of good news, for me anyway, I finally got motor specs. 8.5:1 compression. Blower puts out about 5-6 psi. So, now that I know those numbers, I can better monitor what the motor does and help avoid detonation. That puts my effective compression at 14.5 psi, which is about 2+ psi too much.

I can alter effective compression by: 1. Altering both the upper and lower pulleys on the blower (one should maintain the same total tooth count) (there are charts for this, so it isn't a guessing game). 2. Retard the timing a bit with one of these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-6462
3. Buy an octane booster. Or, a combo.

Hey doc!

My Pick-Up Has More Compression than that!:D

Ya!

Compression is Nice Until You've Got Too Much!

Don't Know that You'll Find any HIGH OCTANE LEADED FUEL in KALI?

Hey doc!

My Pick-Up Has More Compression than that!:D

Ya!

Compression is Nice Until You've Got Too Much!

Don't Know that You'll Find any HIGH OCTANE LEADED FUEL in KALI?
haha, yea, I have an idea that belchers have more compression.

CD (compression discharge) v. SD (spark discharge)

Better start stockpiling tires now. I know semi truck tires are getting harder to get and more expensive. Our dealer said they have 3,300 tires on backorder right now.

I need ONE more pushrod. That's it. One. A friend of mine went to HS with the lead engineer at Edelbrock. They are being shipped out at normal speeds. One pushrod is holding me back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom