5,000 acres enough for Antelope?

T

txschicken

I found a place that charges a very reasonble fee for lodging/antelope hunting and I was curious if 5,000 acres seems like enough land for 2-4 hunters-mostly rolling hills with a few deep draws.. I have done a few western hunts but being from Texas anthing over 500 acres seems huge but I know the open terrain changes everything. Thanks in advance.
Mike

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 08:25PM (MST)[p]Yes, but 5000 acres isn't much in antelope country. If it's the right 5000 (ie: contains water and a good antelope population) then you should be in good shape. 5000 acres is only 7 square miles. You could cover 5000 acres in a very short amount of time. If you're looking to be picky, then you will need more country unless conditions are right. I'd be pretty bored with 5000 acres unless the place had a lot to offer. Some areas hold more antelope than others. If it's loaded with water and lush feed, then antelope numbers should be good. I've seen lots of country that didn't have many antelope in a chunk of country that size.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom