?4TheChef BEST BBQ Ribs?

S

ShowThemToMe

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-12 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-12 AT 11:36?AM (MST)

Others might know as well?

TheChef?

Snort? (These are my last Bear Ribs Snort!:D)

BLTSO?

I see people Argueing over the Best Recipe for BBQ'ed Ribs?

Some say:Do Not Boil them first!

Some say:You've got to Boil them first?

I cooked some the other night,started out at 350 Degrees,Did not Boil them first and although they were good,they were on the tough/chewy side!

Just throwed another Batch in the BBQ,started out at 230 Degrees and gonna take 1/2 the damn day to Slow cook them!

Ribs are off the same Rack so I'll see if 'Sun Baking' them makes any difference?

Anybody know how the Texas Roadhouse Cooks theirs?

Any other Tasty Rib Places on the Wasatch?

Thanks!

EDIT:I don't wanna Ruin my last pack of Bear Ribs!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

First of all ya gotta start with a good rib and bear meat is just to dammed wormy for my taste. Second ya gotta slow cook a rib. What I do is grill um up normal until done then finish them off in the crockpot for a few hours in a light bbq sauce. Fall off the bone tender... Then you ain't spending half the day slaving over a hot grill.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-12 AT 06:49PM (MST)[p]Hey Bess, I can cook some pretty damn good ribs (not bear of course)...

This method is known as the 3-2-1 method...

Apple wood smoked ribs

First thing you gotta do is remove the membrane on the inside of the rack of ribs (start it with a butter knife and peel it off by pulling, paper towel help add grip)

Now apply a good dry rub (I make a real good one if yer interested in the ingredients)

Now chuck them on the smoker at 225-250 deg.

At the 3 hr mark wrap them tight in foil (use the wide stuff)

Put them back in the smoker for 2 more hours in the foil

After 2 hour remove from foil and place back in the smoker (add bbq sauce if you wish) for 30 minutes to an hour..

Remove ribs and enjoy

PS. I hope you ain't trying to cook good ribs on a gas BBQ? If so you need to build one of these (less than $50 to build) and can go 22 hours at 225 deg on one bag of Kingsford charcoal...

1.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I brown my ribs first then wrap them in foil this softens the meat and keeps them from drying out.

Thanks Guys!

Well Snort!

Cooked Fast or Cooked Slow I've decided a Bear Rib is a Bear Rib no matter how you cook it!

And Tough Too!

Ya,I did pull a Hank Hill & used PROPANE!:D

Bear ribs?

This is known as the 1year-2-8 method.

First keep them in the freezer for at least a year.

Next boil at a rolling boil for 2 hours.

Lastly, wrap in tin foil, put them on the smoker at 350 for 8 hours. The last 15 minutes add your favorite BBQ sauce.

Enjoy without worry.

Eel

LOL Eel... but you for got the last step...Throw the bear away and eat the smoker....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I always cook them slow for about 6-8 hrs in either a smoker, oven or even crock pot. Season them with salt, pepper and garlic while the slow cook. Then pull them out and baste them with either a homemade bbq sauce or a homemade honey, mustard vinegar glaze and throw them on the grill and carmelize the sauce on them. They end up with the meat falling off the bone and some damn good flavor.

Mine is about like snorts with a few exceptions. First, stop being a Rocky Mountain Jew and buy a Traeger Grill/smoker. Pellet fed, easy to maintain temp, no mess, no hassle. Next, forget about peeling the membrane. Snort only does to use them in similar fashion of using sausage casings to save on unmentionable personal items. Cook around 200 on the smoker for around 4 hours. Taste great, falls off the bones, and no parasite trips to the doctor. Pre marinate with a dry rub. BBQ sauce after the cooking is done otherwise the sugars in the sauce can and will burn. Trust me, I don't have 5 years of state fair blue ribbons for picking my nose. Ok, well that part is bravo sierra but still.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The next best way to have good southwestern mexicali bbq is to show up for the dove opener. No cooking, no hassle, just show up and eat. It wasn't ribs but I am willing to drive a long way for it.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

And remember!

Seasons in KALI can open at anytime!:D

I typicaly use the 3-2-1 method for spare ribs in my smoker...3 hours with Hickory smoke ? 2 hours wrapped in foil with apple juice ? 1 hour with BBQ sauce. I set my smoker to a temperature of 225?F. If your doing baby back ribs the times are a little shorter, maybe 2.5-1-1. This is the easiest method to have really good ribs, the foiling braises the ribs so the meat comes off the bone a little cleaner. If you want great ribs you dont use foil and its a lot more baysitting...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom