44-1 ?

U

Utahelkaholic

I haven't had too many responses to my post on the mule deer thread so i thought i would drop in hear I drew a tag for 44-1 and was wondering if any one has any info on the area good or bad not looking for honey holes just general info on the size of the bucks taken from that area any help would be great thanks
DJ

If you scout hard and hunt hard you can expect bucks up to book, if you plan to drive up the first time during the season and hunt from your truck you might not even find deer in the unit, depending on when you come.

congrads that is a big area..if the snow falls early up there the deer move out..a buddy of mine drew that tag 2 years ago had a cabin to stay in & horses to hunt off & they spent alot of time in there & never filled his tag some friends drew last year & the snow had pushed everything out so they ended up with one tag soup & a 23" 4x5 they saw alot of good bucks way up high but like I said down came the snow & away went the deer the Fairfield area has some good bucks

thanks thats the kind of info i was looking for I am used to hunting pretty tough country and the quality really is not that great so this will be my first time hunting a quality area i am really happy and excited to have the chance and plan on making the most of it. thanks again
DJ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom