43" Utah Bull Moose

A

AntlerKing

After finding and passing up 14 bulls I found one that was big. He is a 43" bull with 6 points on one side and 7 on the other. His right antler had a large bullet hole in it. He has big double browtines. Enjoy the pic's...

Antlerking
4710ffe23a687fd1.jpg

471100e93d857cb0.jpg

Congrats on your bull. The smile says it all. I still have a Wasatch moose tag burning a hole in my pocket. It can be the most fun, yet most frustrating hunt. See 8 bulls one day and no moose the next. Glad you scored on a mature animal.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

The hunt number was 0900, Cache and Rich County. I lucked out with only 5 points, I had 11 for Elk and thought that would be the tag I might get. I figured the moose would take 10+ years to draw. Talk about more luck, one of the areas I was checking out had a few 30" bulls. My brother took off elk hunting Thursday morning to the same area. He called me at 1:30pm to tell me he saw five Bull Moose and one was big. I didn't know what to think with all the small bulls I had seen, but I trusted him. I told my boss I was taking off from work. After a 1 1/2 hike I was to the spot. It didn't take long for him to walk out following a cow. The shot hit both lungs, after a few photos I spent the next 4 hours getting the meat off and the hide skinned out. Around 10pm I finished quartering him out, it was a nice hike out in the dark. I went back with the Horses on Friday and pulled everything out. I'm still cutting up meat, boy are they big animals.

Thanks for all the complements,
AntlerKing

Congrats Ladd!!! I was up with Justin on his Goat hunt and he was telling me you have been out antler hunting instead of moose hunting. (says you found some good ones) I just could not believe it. But looks like you scored. Good for you. Love those double brows.
Hope Justin gets his goat.

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

Nice one Ladd. Super bullwinkle. With all your moose sheds...do you have his old sets? What's with the bullet in the antler? Sounds like you better go help Justin ID his goat so he doesn't end up shooting a trophy billy!

What a beautiful bull. Congrats antlerking! His cape looks awesome , he sure will look great on your wall. Thanks for sharing your hunt with us...Larry

His neck was 38-39", the Taxidermist said he's going to look really good on my wall. He's got a good long bell (beard or whatever you call it). Now I just need to find a spot for it on the wall, a place it will fit.

Wish I could of helped pack it out, just kidding. That's what horses are for. Awesome moose, I love long tines on a moose antler and your bull is beautiful. Great job. You did good holding out, perfect moose!

>His neck was 38-39", the Taxidermist
>said he's going to look
>really good on my wall.
> He's got a good
>long bell (beard or whatever
>you call it). Now
>I just need to find
>a spot for it on
>the wall, a place it
>will fit.

Me and my buddy's always called them neck nuts, but anyway that is a dang nice moose, hopefully I can get one like him someday.

That is a very nice Utah bull sounds like there is a lot of memories that will go with it

CONGRADS

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

I've got a shed that looks exatly like that left side... I wonder if it is the same bull? The shed has seven points on it but it is a little smaller... I'll try to upload a picture at the same angle you are posing with your bull..

Awesome bull! I shot a 45" in northern Idaho on october 3rd.I know what you mean when you say they are BIG!!I thought elk were big until i walked up on this guy.I had 516lbs of skinned quarters when i took him to the processor.I'm having a shoulder mount, and placing him in my son-in-laws cabin in featherville,the grandkids can have something to talk about when i'm long gone. I took lots of pictures with a through away camera, but i don't no how to post them, or even if you can. When i get the head back sometime in the summer, i can take some with a digital, and my son-in- law can post them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom