$40 Artichoke

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Here it is!

417140artichoke.jpg

I bought 4 plants this Spring. I bought some compost, I bought some fertilizer, and I bought some Aphid spray.

I kept watering and digging out the weeds for months.

If I'm lucky, I think I might get 2-3 more Artichokes this year.

It tasted pretty good, but had a after taste like the Aphid spray smells.

I noticed they were $1.89 @ at the store.}>

I should get a bumper crop next year.}>

Eel

Nice choke!! A little hot butter and some garlic and you are in business!

You may have overspent a little this year but just think - next year you can apply for a gorernment subsidy not to grow them and come out ahead on the deal!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Eel, heck with the butter and garlic, dipping them babes in Best Foods Mayo is the only way to go.

That is either a huge choke or a smaller plate?? Congrats on your harvest, that a great looking artichoke!!

Joey

Good thing you are not trying to grow "blooming onions" or 1911 would have a picture for you....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

My plants are doing a little better than what I lead you to believe.:) I'm actually pretty happy with them. Now if I could just give away all the zucchini.:)

Eel

6837artichokeplant-002.jpg

Hey Eel, make some zucchini bread! stuff is good!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Nice!

Had artichokes in a little different way yesterday at a seafood place here in Albuquerque. Medierranean calamari. Came with artichokes, tomatoes, garlic and capers sauteed in a butter/olive oil/lemon juice sance. Good golly, miss molly!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom