4 Utah Bonus Points

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
I have 4 bonus points for antelope. I need to burn them this year because I can get back into the almight elk draw for another 20+ years. Anybody have any suggestions. CWMU's are OK too but I would prefer to do public land.

It's always an adventure!!!

What weapon??
I bet you could draw the Plateau Unit after all of last years commotion. I am still convinced there are good bucks out there. You just have to put the the time in.
You might be able to draw Pine Valley or the Dutton/Paunsagant tag. I haven't hunted either but have spoken to people who have, and they killed some decent goats (70's).

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Jim:

Put in for Cache North Rich. There are antelope EVERYWHERE. You can guarantee yourself an archery tag. There are thousands of acres of public ground to hunt.

You can give me a call and I can give you more specifics. You probably won't shoot an 80" plus buck, but a mid 70's buck is definately a possibility!

Thanks for the reply guys. I am leaning hard towards the San Rafael North. I have enough points to draw an archery tag and it's only an hour away from home.

It's always an adventure!!!

AWLB,
Spent some time on the Plateau this year and I would not burn 1 point on it. I would agree with Woodruff. I have seen some really nice bucks on the North Rich the last couple of years. I think that unit is very huntable with a bow also.

Now that you mention the "bow" that changes things. San Rafael North or SW Desert would be my top two choices. I think I would recommend SW Desert over San Rafael North- just my opinion- and I know that unit better. We saw some good goats there last year.

We have hunted the San Rafel North several times over the last 7 years and the quality and quanity of antelope has gone down.
There are still some good bucks but probably half the antelope there were 3 years ago.

Shoot em till their dead

West Desert Riverbed my family has had four archery tags over the years and have seen some great bucks filled every tag within a day. Two years ago wife killed a great buck scored at 80 inches.

North Rafael would be good, especially if its close to home. I would suggest you look into the Rafael, Desert unit as well. Looks like you have the points to draw either. The difference being it has less water. Less water equals more concentrated opportunities at bowhunting antelope. Just find a stock tank or stock pond and you're set. If you get more moisture then the antelope have other places to drink and you can forget about waiting in a blind...had this happen to me in Wyoming on a wet year. Water is limited in the Rafael, Desert unit and the antelope have to use it, regardless of whether you have a blind set-up or not. Plus trophy quality is good, I took a 16 3/4 inch (80 B&C green)goat out of that unit...good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom