39-1 velvet buck hunt

M

miker2

Opens this Thursday...looks like with the new fires the unit is closed all the way to Atlanta, Deer Park and Idaho City. I imagine the rest of it is a smokefest....should be interesting. I think if we wait to go later we risk the fire growing and the rest of the unit being closed.
Guess we should be happy we still have a few areas that are open.

I heard they have closed most of this hunt/unit until further notice. Does anybody know if this is true or just talk still. Some firefighter friends said House Mtn. burned completely up in about 10 minutes. Not a good year to have this tag!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-13 AT 07:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-13 AT 07:23?AM (MST)

As of Tuesday it was closed all the way to Idaho City Atlanta and Swanholm, about 3/4 of the unit. I will double check today to see if they have closed anymore of it.
Just checked still the same closure area. We are going hunting Thursday :).

Looks like pretty much the entire winter range along the Boise front is going to go up....actually already has.

I still would love to have that 39-1 tag this year. The last 3 weeks of September is when I would hunt ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom