38 years

C

catskinner

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-14 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]After 38 years of putting in for a Wyoming sheep tag I finally drew. Got this ram on the 17th of Sept. 16 2/8 x 14 7/8 x 12 x 7 4/8 x 35" curl. 171 3/8 gross. Area 19...Couldn't be happier!
8487img_4549_edited-3.jpg

That's awesome Kirby, Congrats on your beautiful trophy. I feel bad, as it only took my wife 8 year to draw. Its a fun time chasing sheep. Glad you got to experience it.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Thanks everyone. As a side note this ram was only 6 1/2 yrs. old. When I went to get him plugged (because of the base size) the biologist thought he might be an offspring of some sheep from Montana that they transplanted several years ago. He took some tissue samples to check the DNA and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Man if you would have been able to wait 3 more years that ram would have been even better. What a trophy, personally I was thinking he had at least 2 more years on him.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

I agree deerslayer, my goal going in was to hold out for a 9 or 10 year old ram and I knew this one was fairly young but I thought he might go 170 and I wasn't going to draw another tag so.... A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Congrats what a great looking Ram. Can't say enough about the pic. Awesome If I have to wait that long I will be hunting from my grave.

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom