36A

gooseslayer

Anyone hunt 36A for deer last year? Just wondering what the buck to doe ratio is and the quality of the bucks are around that area, any info would be appreciated......anyone who is going to blame numbers being down due to wolves and too many people hunting the area don't bother posting.....I grew up right in the middle of the three hardest hit units in the state.

I have been in this unit for 6-7 years now. Usually pretty good if we get weather. We have taken some great bucks out of there. 180 is about the largest, but we have seen other bucks that would smoke the 180 I took. But we always see them the week or two after the season. The unlimited 4th week draw hunt can be awesome if the weather comes early. Dont expect to see a ton of deer, it will take a while to locate good ones, but it can be done. Gotta hunt hard all day. If you have horses it makes it much easier. What areas are you looking at? I would be more than happy to help. We are usually on the north side of the East fork, basically the 36A-1 bull tag side. Let me know If I can offer any assistance. I cant get my photos to download, sent me a PM or something with your email or contact number.

I think the area has potential. Probably not many deer, but enough rough country to allow a few to get older. I almost hunted it last year but punted last minute and hunted a different unit due to the heavy snow that came before the opener.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom