.308 in a .25-06?

Roy

Do you dare?

5341308in25-06.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

The pic came from the Quality Deer Management Association page on Facebook and had the following caption:

"This is what happens if you load a .308 round into a .25/06 and pull the trigger. The hunter, a veteran rifleman, was sighting-in multiple rifles and got his ammo mixed. The scope and chunks of barrel flew in all directions, but the hunter was not seriously hurt. We want all our Facebook fans to have a great hunting season this year, so as you prepare for it, keep SAFETY foremost in mind! Never be complacent around firearms, deer stands, chainsaws and other equipment, no matter how experienced you are."

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Bet that woke him up! That's why I only take one gun to the bench at a time and have different colored labeled boxes so that soemthing like that will not happen.

BUT did he hit the target.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

"Chit!.......Prolly gonna have to bore sight that scope again from scratch!"

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Good post, and a GOOD reminder!!! I have three kids who all hunt. I also have an assortment of rifles...... I noticed very early on that the .243 and .308 cartridges are VERY similar! Kids and I are always very careful, but this reminder is good!

S.

:)

Excellent post.

For the longest time a local gun store, Carter's Country, had a gun range. There was a sign with a gun screwed to it as you left the store to go out to the range. Its amazing how it looked exactly like that one and I am pretty sure the sign said someone put a .308 in a 25-06. Maybe the sign is still there. Its been ten years since I've been there. Maybe someone else has been there lately and can tell me whether I am remembering correctly.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-12 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]Moondog---The OAL on a 25-06, which is simply a necked down 30-06 case, is 3.25" and the shoulder diameter is 0.441". The OAL of a .308 is 2.80" and the case length is 2.015. The bolt would probably close a little hard, but would unless he had some handloads that were seated way out and I doubt that is possible. It's much easier to mix up a 30-06 with a 25-06 since it's the same case, but it shouldn't go in the 25-06 chamber. A 25-06 will go in a 30-06 pretty easy, but will shoot through the larger bore. The guy must have really not been paying attention to mix up that real short case with a much bigger bullet with a much longer case and narrower diameter bullet of the 25-06.

My dad made the same mistake loading one of my .270 bullets into his 7mm mag. Only he didn't have to even pull the trigger. He just tried to chamber a round and when he tried closing the bolt, the gun fired. It looked just like that picture. He was very fortunate to not be seriously hurt either. There are so many bullets that are hard to differentiate, especially at a glance. Be carefull!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom