300 Win Mag and 338 Win Mag shooting charts

D

DeerHunter1953

I need a little help here I am looking for a ballistics chart for my son's 300 Win Mag and my 338 Win Mag. we used to have a helpful chart with the bullet weight and distance and drop we would study this while shooting and before we go up. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to find those charts I have lost mine and having a hard time finding new ones

Depends on the ammo you are shooting. Some ammo companies will have a chart posted online for their different bullets. I just recently printed one off for my muzzle loader.

With a 300 Win Mag, there's not a whole lot of drop, unless you're shooting beyond 350 yards or so.

By far, the best ballistics calculator is the free one on the Gseven website. They have a database of every major ammunition manufacturer, and most not so major manufacturers as well, containing all the load information, ballistic coefficient, etc, as supplied by the manufacturer. You select you load and plug in the elevation and temperature where you plan on hunting and it does the rest. Here's a picture of the result:

795730-06_chart_page_1.jpg

932830-06_chart_page_2.jpg

And the link:

http://www.gseven.com/ballistic-program

just get closer...

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for I appreciate it. Leaving tomorrow for the opening weekend in Utah can't wait hope it is a good season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom