300 RUM

S

Seabear

Any 300 RUM shooters have any success on using the 200 grain noslers on elk,factory loads? Satisfied with performance with this combo?

I don't use factory loads but do use the 200 grain Accubonds. It's a great dose for elk. My brothers bull last year took one to the front shoulders (pass through) and stumbled about 40 yards and fell over.

Thought i read somewhere in these threads that the nosler partion is a better constructed bullet than the accubonds? Whats the difference guys? Whats your knowledge on these two bullets.Thanks

Both are.great bullets. I use the partition in my. 280 and the accubonds in my. 300. The only accubond I've recovered was in my brothers deer last year. We found it in the far shoulder and it still weighed 172 grains. I've never recovered a partition to weigh it. I don't think you can go wrong with.either one. The accubond has a better bc.

I shot a bull at 42 yards with an 200 grain Accubond with a MV of 3200 fps. Pretty well constructed I'd say. mtmuley

mtmuley,when you shoot at those long distances are you prone or sand bagged off a bench? Those distances are unreal..How big of a target you shoot at? We predator hunt alot but never have i thought even shooting 500 yds.Mainly cuz i have never done it..Sounds fun tho!

You'll get my vote for the 200 AB. They work from 60 yards to ......well.... a helluva long ways if you can shoot.

Over the years I've killed more with the Partition since the AB is a "new" bullet. No flies on the Partition either.

Zeke

I too have had great results with the double tap ammo. 200 gr accubond flying close to 3200 fps. Near clover leaf groups at 100 yards.

With a conventional reticle I'd go about 3". That should put you back dead-on at 300 yards. Check for yourself since you load, velocity, pressure, elevation etc might be different.
At 400 yards you'll be about a foot low.
200 yards you'll be almost 4" high.
All approx.
Zeke
\

I sight my guns in 3" high at 100 yards. For most calibers, that keeps the bullet from usually no more than 6" high at it's highest point around 200 yards, and will be back down to 0, or where it started at the muzzle height, anywhere bewteen 250-300 yards. Some heavy, slow calibers and flat, fast calibers can shorten or stretch the distance a little more.

Does that make sense? If not, I can try to explain a little more.

>+1 Zeke. then you just
>pull up and shoot out
>to 300 and hold on
>the top of their back
>at 400.. i was
>thinking 8 inches low at
>400 but you would have
>to check the charts.
>
>Travis
>www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

With the 168TTSX mine is about 8" low at 400.
With 180 TSX it's about 10"
The 200 grain bullet drops a bit more than that at 400 yards, approx 1'.

Like I said, it's all approx. Like DD said. 0-300 is point and kill. 400 yards just aim at the backbone. It will be about 23" low or approx 2' at 500. simply adjust accordingly. With a 3" high at 100yds sightin I don't think you'll ever reach 6" high with a 300RUM.

The BIG issue with shooting at "range" isn't where to hold over. The biggest issue is the wind hold (except inclination and declination which need factored in also)

My 2 cents,
Zeke

I use the 180gr Nosler Accubond and it is lights out for everything that I have taken. Mule Deer, Elk, several species in Africa and it is cruising fast and is great. I highly recommend.

185 grain berger vld's... nuff said

Wrath of the 300 RUM w/ 185 bergers
6953wyobull.jpg

671 yards... 1 shot drop

731pb010033.jpg

480 yards 1 shot drop

7206pb190037.jpg

250 yards 1 shot

Coloradoboy
Tenderfoot Outfitters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back