3 Combat Vets North Slope Utah Archery Elk Hunt Help

GoCanes

Howdy,

I moved to Utah 3 years ago and started hunting elk last year. I hunted archery elk last year in the red cloud area with my Vietnam War Veteran Uncle. We had an awesome time but failed to connect on any elk. Only saw a few cows 500 yards away running the other direction. LOL! This year he is coming back for what will likely be his last elk hunt with me. For an older guy he hunted his butt off but the mountains were tough on his knees. This year he has already dropped 25lbs and is hoping to be down 40lbs before the hunt (last 8 days of the archery hunt in September 2019). I have been e-scouting the granddaddy Lake trail area just east of hw 150 and a bit north east of that area. I have secured the rental of 3 pack llamas for our hunt to help with pack in and pack out and asked a long time army buddy of mine to join us on this adventure. I was hoping if we went in deep enough that we would find some elk in that area and not have a ton of competition. I know there are hikers in this area. I plan on scouting the area hard in the summer. What I am asking is for some good advice or a redirection if I should go somewhere else. My uncle has been like a father to me for years and I would like to help him take an elk or at least get a chance to see a few up close. I know people come on here and ask for help and never give anything back. I'm willing to trade my time and limited skills helping someone around their ranch or property or just doing yard work during the summer. I live in the slc area. It is important to me that he has this chance and if I can help someone in return I am happy to do so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom