3 Across? Really?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Driving through our little town of Old Orcutt today, I come up on 3 "cyclists" riding 3 across. Now, that's fine when theres no traffic but when 3-4 cars have to go into the oncoming lane to get around them, that's not cool. Can anyone tell me how they justify this disregard for everyone else's safety? I give them room but most of the time, as I'm looking in my rear view, they get in single file line. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

They are F'en azzholes, plain and simple. Put your truck mirror right next to their head when they do that (they are about the same hieght) I can promise you they will move over for you...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

JUDAS Wisz!

Don't ever go to Moab!

Everybody knows the Story but I'll tell it again!

Had a Biker near Moab several years ago riding right down the middle of the Hi-Way,wouldn't move over for nothin!

I even tried Draftin!:D

Too much Traffic to try & Make a Safe Pass!

As I was Draftin He threw me the Bird!

Still wouldn'd Budge!

When I finally got around him I Slows back down,leaves her in 6th!

WOT at 25 MPH!

Poor Bastage was Inhalin Big Time & didn't have a Choice!

Go ahead Bikers,Flip me the Birdie!

Mighta been slick headed for Cedar, I'm not sure?

We can Skin a Buck,We can run a Trout Line, and a Country Boy Can Survive!

I HATE it when these - tree huggin', leaf lickin' MORONS do that crap!

Ever drive the million dollar highway from Durango, CO to Silverton in the summer time? Absolutely the most dangerous stretch of road in the US due to idiots on bicycles!

Train horn & a diesel truck that can blow a TON of black smoke are my weapons of choice. (I only wish I had a train horn! :))

I've also thought about things that will cause them bodily harm or ... ?

This crap needs to stop!

It really annoys me when bicyclists whine and complain about share the road and beeing seen, and then they are the first to come pedaling between two lanes of stopped cars to get up to the stop light. They get bent out of shape when someone passes them but they no problems running through stop signs/lights ets. They want drivers to consider them as just another car on the road when it's convienient for them but as soon as a traffic law is inconvienient they are the first to break it.

today I had some idot walking down middle of the road and also going down a hill. I was towing my horse trailer and its hard to shut down with that extra weight. THey ended up vanishing in a cloud of black smoke

"Mighta been slick headed for Cedar, I'm not sure?"

Ummm! No Bess.. not really into boys wearing spandex. My usual response is the traditional finger salute and a handful of thumb tacks out the window.

No damage to real tires but kinda funny watch the rims come off them skinney tire f'ers.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

great video!
Well i wish you would not have got me mad about this now!
I have almost had to run them over to avoid head ons with oncoming cars. one time in particualr i was ccoming off the mountain down a winding s trun type of road at like a 9-10 grade doing about 50mph( speedlimit). came around a turn and the little prikc was in the mmiddle of my lane, car coming the otherdirection i locked up my brakes so i didnt run the idiot over. THese cyclists are a real major hazard on our road ways. i have had them 3 and 4 across and the bastards wont move! i cannot figure it out for the life of me but these punks are asking to get run over( just saying it will happen sionce they dont have the brain capacity to rrealize they will lose if a truck ends up hitting them). I cant tell you how many times i have had these idiots do this, and it puts my property, life and others lives at risk with thier careless actions. my diesel doesnt pour out the smoke , gonna get it chipped to douche them out tho!

I have some respect for the tight pants wearing crowd...WHEN they obey the laws of the road and none when they don't.

A few years ago I was headed North on Virginia street in Reno; two way traffic at this point...anyway, a cyclist was headed my way in my lane and wouldn't budge. Neither could I, as it was either come close to him or hit oncoming traffic. I missed both, but he thought it was cool to smack the side of my truck.

I didn't think it was quite as cool, and locked up the brakes and caught him trying to get his toes out of those fancy clips. He almost made it.

As long as they can do the speed limit and have a license plate on their bike with a tab so they are paying road user tax then I will be ok with them but until that happens they are just a danger and a menace on the roads as far as I'm concerned..

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

funny video lol wish I could afford to blow fuel out my pipes like that

who farted?

It's one thing when cyclists are breaking the law, like riding two or more abreast. But, when they are riding within the law, such as in the smoker video, you ought to give them room. It's the law in Colorado. The guy with the truck is nothing more than an idiot, the same as a cyclist breaking the law.

Something to think about if you are inclined to "put a mirror right on them" is that someone could die for that stunt and the driver would be the one doing time.

And yes, I am a cyclist.

What really Pisses slick off is:

These Guys pulled up along side of him & asked Him if He Smoked!

Here's the Example:

We can Skin a Buck,We can run a Trout Line, and a Country Boy Can Survive!

Makes you wonder if some people can count to potato...or if their favorite color is ham. It goes both ways though. I bike a lot on trails and occasionally roads. I run into all sorts of mental midgets...sadly I have the compression shorts, better on the satchel.
But I sure as hell can't finger out these dipchits that meander down the highway.

>I have some respect for the
>tight pants wearing crowd...WHEN they
>obey the laws of the
>road and none when they
>don't.
>
>A few years ago I was
>headed North on Virginia street
>in Reno; two way traffic
>at this point...anyway, a cyclist
>was headed my way in
>my lane and wouldn't budge.
> Neither could I, as
>it was either come close
>to him or hit oncoming
>traffic. I missed both,
>but he thought it was
>cool to smack the side
>of my truck.
>
>I didn't think it was quite
>as cool, and locked up
>the brakes and caught him
>trying to get his toes
>out of those fancy clips.
> He almost made it.
>

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!

Tell us more!!! Better yet... got any pic's?

>>I have some respect for the
>>tight pants wearing crowd...WHEN they
>>obey the laws of the
>>road and none when they
>>don't.
>>
>>A few years ago I was
>>headed North on Virginia street
>>in Reno; two way traffic
>>at this point...anyway, a cyclist
>>was headed my way in
>>my lane and wouldn't budge.
>> Neither could I, as
>>it was either come close
>>to him or hit oncoming
>>traffic. I missed both,
>>but he thought it was
>>cool to smack the side
>>of my truck.
>>
>>I didn't think it was quite
>>as cool, and locked up
>>the brakes and caught him
>>trying to get his toes
>>out of those fancy clips.
>> He almost made it.
>>
>_________________________________
>
>Now THAT'S FUNNY!!
>
>Tell us more!!! Better yet... got
>any pic's?
No, there isn't anything to add. I briefly thought about beating his ass, but after seeing him struggle to get away from the bike, all I could do was laugh. Besides, he looked like a teenager; no sense in whacking him. He might have gotten away, had he just pedaled, but he tried to hop a curb and fell.

We ought to ban all wheeled vehicles because of a few bad apples. That's become the American way hasn't it?

BeanMan- I'm saying just the bad apples need to be pushed over into the bike lane so they STAY there. I don't think people have problems with them until they cross over that solid white line where the cars are. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

No matter how much "right-of-way" I had as a pedestrian or cyclist I would remember that my 190lb body vs a 10,000 lb vehicle ALWAYS LOOSES!!!

Bean man. I ahve 0 problem with the cyclists who stay out of the road. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. However the ones that dont obey are the prblem and something needs to be done and i think you can agree. We are talking of the cyclist who have some sort of complex that think that motorists should wait behind them or just go around them. It dont work that way! Read my above post. Its not just us being lazy, it is the cyclists creating major problems for us. I have seen cyclists riding the highway with a bike path that runs along the highway 50 yards away! get on the bike path! Get on the shoulder I DONT CARE JUST STAY OFF THE LANE OF TRAVEL!. You seem like you are one of the decent ones that dont do the aforementioned things. Thats great. But just like hunters want to weed out the idiots that make us look bad, you should be doing the same for the cyclists.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-13 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]Hey bigox,

In Colorado the cyclist is legally entitled to be in "the lane of travel" if there is no bike lane. Don't know what it is in your state but you sound as if you are as stupid as cyclists who break the law.

This cyclist pays road taxes on 6 vehicles and two trailers, ought to count for something. If it doesn't get involved about changing the law.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-13 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]>>Ignorant rednecks are just as bad
>>as ignorant cyclists.
>
>
> ignorant cyclists don't
>pay road tax.

Sure they do. You think that is their only mode of transportation?
I am a cyclist and I own 2 dodge diesels, a ford expedition, 20 ATV's and 30 snowmobiles. That is $4000 a year in registrations and tens of thousands in fuel (road tax). Pretty sure I got you beat. Looks like I must be more entitled to the roads than you are. lol. Your logic is retarded.

Are bikes street legal if they don't have turn signals and or mirrors? In Cali, you can't even ride a motorcycle on a public road if it is not "street legal". I have a hard time believing that a man powered bike should be legal to ride freely with machines that have the potential to kill the lesser powered bikes. Who knows.....I do know that it bugs me when cyclists ride 3 across and make me go around them into on-coming traffic. I'd rather just have them stay in their designated bike lane. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

Sure seems like theres a bunch of fat AZZ rednecks on this site. I dont ride 3 across or even 2 across.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-13 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]WOW! I sure missed the point of this post.

621o-three-boobs-570.jpg

This is what came up (among other things) when I googled "Fireball 3 across"

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-13
>AT 05:49?PM (MST)

>
>>>Ignorant rednecks are just as bad
>>>as ignorant cyclists.
>>
>>
>> ignorant cyclists don't
>>pay road tax.
>
>
>Sure they do. You think
>that is their only mode
>of transportation?
>I am a cyclist and I
>own 2 dodge diesels, a
>ford expedition, 20 ATV's and
>30 snowmobiles. That is
>$4000 a year in registrations
>and tens of thousands in
>fuel (road tax). Pretty
>sure I got you beat.
> Looks like I must
>be more entitled to the
>roads than you are.
>lol. Your logic is
>retarded.
LOL! Your comment is retarded,I was talking about bikes not your toys.

Hey beanie weanie! WHy are you insulting me! Screw you man! I was trying to calm you down as you seem very worked up! I have almost killed one idiot that was too dumb to stay off the roads on a mountain road! Cyclists dont belong on highways!!! It is a hazard!!!

dumbox,

If you kill a cyclist on the road, you will be going to the big house. You have got to understand that it is legal for a cyclist to be on the road. I don't know how to make it more clear for you.

If you don't like it, then work to change the law.

SIGN IN BECOME A MEMBER Get news by email
You're in the Top Stories: Tablet section
Sunnyside High teacher Jim Healy killed in bicycle crash northeast of Fresno
By Eddie Jimenez - The Fresno Bee
By Eddie Jimenez The Fresno Bee
Tuesday, Mar. 05, 2013 | 11:24 PM Modified Tue, Mar 05, 2013 11:38 PM
E-Mail Print Text Size:
tool nameclose tool goes here
17 Comments A Sunnyside High School teacher died early Tuesday after the bicycle he was riding collided with a Jeep northeast of Fresno, authorities said.
Jim Healy, a technology teacher, was fatally injured in the crash, Fresno Unified spokeswoman Susan Bedi said.
Healy, 55, of Fresno, was riding a custom road bicycle with a group of other bicyclists about 5:35 a.m. on Auberry Road about a mile north of Copper Avenue when the crash happened, the California Highway Patrol said.
About 14 bicyclists meet at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Auberry and Copper, said group member Nathan Magsig.
Magsig, a Clovis City Council member, said he was near the front of the line of bicyclists, and Healy was toward the back. Magsig did not see the crash, which happened close to where Auberry curves to the right.

Jim Healy, Sunnyside High School technology teacher. "I feel bad for the driver, and I feel bad for Jim and his family," he said. "It was just a terrible accident."
Joshua Fitch, 50, of Clovis was driving a 2001 Jeep Wrangler north on Auberry Road when he came upon the bicyclists, who also were northbound, the CHP said. Fitch slowed his Jeep to about 50 mph and moved to the left to put some space between his Jeep and the bicyclists.
As Fitch was passing the bicyclists, Healy veered into the path of the Jeep, the CHP said. Fitch tried to avoid the collision, but the Jeep struck Healy and his bicycle, the CHP said.
Healy sustained major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, where he died, the CHP said.
Healy, a longtime Fresno Unified teacher, was in his seventh year of teaching at Sunnyside High, Bedi said.
"He was highly respected by the Sunnyside High staff and administration and well-liked by the students," she said. "We are deeply saddened by his untimely death and our thoughts are with the family."
District psychologists were on the Sunnyside campus Tuesday to help students and staff deal with Healy's death, Bedi said.
Sunnyside High Principal Tim Liles sent an automated phone message Tuesday evening to the school's families informing them of the death, she said.
Magsig said Healy had been a bicyclist for at least 25 years and rode competitively until recently. He was a devout Christian who was liked by all, Magsig said.
"He was a man," Magsig said, "who loved his wife, loved his kids, loved his community and loved Jesus."

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/03/05/3199827/bicyclist-dies-in-crash-with-jeep.html#storylink=cpy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom