2c antelope az.

G

glassemup

Howdy, I was blessed from above with a lope tag in unit 2c az. I have thousands of questions and so little time. I had only 5bp so i was for sure I wouldn't pull a tag anytime soon so I just put in for some units i heard were good without doing my homework first. Also I am a gollege student at uofa and dont have a lot of time to hunt and scout.
Any help on the area or where to start scouting would help tremendously. What is the best method of hunting lope. spot and stalk or waterhole? It is the rifle hunt, so. Also how do you judge a nice buck? Is mass more important than length, or? Any other help about the unit or anything else about lope hunting would greatly be appreciated. I am a recovering whitetail addict so walking and glassing won't be a problem. Thanks for any help.

Spot and stalk if you have a rifle tag, no need to waste time sitting on water when you have a good rifle in your hands. There are tons of knolls out there to glass from. Bring a tripod, a pair of 15x binos and a good spotting scope. The antelope move around alot in the unit so you really need to scout as the situation changes daily. Thas an awesome tag you should be able to find a high 70's- low 80's buck out there.

Bret M.

Thanks Bret. I am glad to hear there are some pretty nice ones in this unit. Any body else with some pointers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom